𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮

𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓺𝓾𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓾𝓵𝓪𝓻 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰: 𝓛𝓮𝓽’𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓓𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓔𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓼

"Yea it's just around the corner here, thank you, Danny."

As much as I wished to see everybody else again, my body ached for a bath and my teeth hurt from the amount of time since I've last brushed them.
Not to mention the state my dress was in.. if you could even still call it that.

"It's no problem miss Belle, you'll find us at the Garrison."

The proclaimed dead man stopped the van in front of Mrs. Mortales house and I carefully climbed out of it.
My legs still felt like jello.

"See you later, Lancom."

I just nodded in response to Freddie's goodbye before turning around and knocking at the houses front door.

When Campbell arrested me, he confiscated my purse and everything within it, including the keys to the house and my flat.

Danny and Freddie were both long gone when I decided to knock for a second time. Maybe the old lady just didn't hear me or took her time standing up and walking to the door.

Just as I decided to give up and sit on the doorstep, said door was ripped open.

"Belle?"

"Will?"

For a second all he did was stand there and look at me like he'd just seen a ghost before he let go of the door and pulled me into a tight hug.
It took everything within me not to stain his shirt with my tears as I closed my eyes and just inhaled his familiar scent.

"Oh my god, Belle!"

I opened my eyes, still hugging Will, as I saw Madeline running up to us with her arms open, which closed themselves around both of us just a second later.

Not having felt this kind of intimate soft touch in a while, I enjoyed their embrace as long as possible.

When we all pulled apart, Maddie held me an arms length away with her hands cupping my face.
There were tears glazing over her eyes as well, and my bottom lip started quivering as she gently smiled at me.
I didn't want to cry, having felt pathetic enough the last few days or even weeks, but the tears were evidently blurring my vision.

"It's ok, just let them roll."

That's all it took for me to throw all thoughts of being strong over board.
The tears were streaming down my cheeks. Some got caught by Maddie's fingers which still rested on my cheeks.
Others slowly dripped from the tip of my nose and my chin to the floor, staining the wooden panels.
I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but instead a sob escaped my throat.