𝓑𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓼𝓮𝔂𝓮

𝓘𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓭𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓸𝓼, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓼𝓸 𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂𝓢𝓾𝓷-𝓣𝔃𝓾

𝓢𝓾𝓷-𝓣𝔃𝓾

Well I guess she learns quickly.

The next second Maddie turned him around in a swift move, pinned him against the wall once more and kissed him passionately.

I was so shocked I almost forgot to hide somewhere myself.

This certainly was not what I expected tonight to be like.

It doesn't mean anything to her right?
This will definitely bring trouble to future missions.
Alfie can't find out that we work for Tommy. Tommy can't find out about Alfie.
Not yet.
Tommy's only focus should be Billy Kimber at the moment.
And that pig Campbell.

A few seconds later and the person only stopped for a mere second before continuing to run through the labyrinth of hallways.

And there they say Television doesn't teach you anything.

When I was sure, they were far enough away, I came out of my hiding spot and just grabbed Maddie's arm, to pull her with me.

Before I could do so however she headbutted Alfie's head against the stone wall, with her own, resulting in his unconscious body to slip down the wall.

Since I was a little shocked by her sudden roughness, she was now the one to pull me with her.

"What? I had to make sure he wouldn't follow us again."

Uh sure.

"It's getting colder here, there's gotta be an open door somewhere."

We were still walking through the hallways, taking random corners, when we heard a heavy door closing.

"Left."

And there it was, a door at the end of the hallway, which looked different than all the others.
Unlike the others, this one also had two men positioned in front of it, standing there like bouncers.
Just that they were inside.
And bouncers usually stood outside of the club.
What were they protecting?
Since they haven't noticed us yet, I just concluded they suck at their job.

"Why are they guarding that door?"

"I don't know? Do you think they work for that guy you upset?"

She had a point there, but was Sabini already so influential that he could just position his men anywhere?

Also why would Alfie be here, business related, if the host already had protection services from Sabinis men?
Something doesn't add up, and it's making me uncomfortable.

"We could just try to, you know, act like we belong there and try to simply walk past them."

"That's so stupid, it might actually work."

Before I could even protest or defend myself, Maddie walked past me and the corner, her chin held high and her eyes locked on the door.

Helplessly I just followed her, trying to look somewhat arrogant and superior.

Oh god we're so gonna die.

"Mesdames."

"Gentlemen."

One of them was just about to open the door for us, when it was opened from outside and somebody stepped in.

I could basically feel the heart in my chest stopping for a beat, before starting to pump like the one of a mouse in danger.

It was the same guy, who had been following us around for the last hour or so.

And apperently he also recognised us in a heartbeat, since he pulled out a gun the next second and opened the fire.

What the hell happened to 'talking then shooting'?
I felt like my body has never reacted as quick as it did in that moment.
It was like my brain turned off and only the adrenaline controlled my every move.

Everything happend so quick, yet again it felt like a slowmotion scene from an action movie.
I saw the bullet, before I even heard the sound of the shot and in matters of milliseconds I moved against the wall, hiding behind one of the rather slow bouncers.

I was so focused on survival, I didn't even think about what Maddie was doing.
All my thoughts were "fuck I don't wanna die yet."

The other two men seemed to have grasped what was going on since the big guy suddenly turned around, already swinging his massive fist in my direction.

Who was it again, that said "The bigger the enemy, the easier he is to defeat?" Or something like that.. Well anyways, this was exactly the case here.

Comparing in strength, I had absolutely no chance against someone like him, but his size also made him slow.
Slow enough for me to duck underneath his swinging fist, before grabbing his wrist and shoulder and pushing his body forwards, so his head ran into the wall first.

I know, it's mean to hit a guy that's already on the floor, but in this case, an extra punch against his jaw, was certainly appropriated. I made sure to hit the right spot of the carotid artery, so that he was definitely knocked out.

When I heard another shot, I immediately pressed myself against the floor, having no clue in which way the bullet was fired.

With my face pressed against the cold stone floor, I caught sight of the knife and gun, the guy I just knocked out, had in his waistband.

Well that's convenient.

I quickly grabbed both, putting the knife into the lace band of my stockings so I still had a free hand.

And then I looked at my surroundings for the first time.

Maddie was currently fighting both of the men in hand to hand combat, when I saw the other bouncer guy, standing behind her, pulling out his gun.

Running over there, would take too long and if I called her name, I would risk her loosing focus and probably getting hit by either of her opponents.

The metal felt cold in my hand and I was quite honestly scared to death in that moment.
Now it wasn't just me I was scared for, but also every other person in this hallway.

They might be out to kill us, but I certainly didn't want to have their blood on my hands.

I knew the only way of stopping Maddie from being shot, was shooting the gun out of the guys hand, but just a little shake in my hand and the bullet would pierce his skull instead of the weapon in his hands.

Okay c'mon Belle, you've done this before, no need to be nervous.

In a smooth movement I raised the gun, held my breath and aimed over the front sight.
I could see his finger moving to the trigger when mine pressed down on it.

Bullseye.

The man instantly lost grip on the gun and it fell to the floor.
I was about to celebrate my success, when he wipped around, pulled out a knife and started running towards me.

Eh, I guess the celebrations gotta wait.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I grabbed the knife from my stocking but didn't bother running towards him.
In a matter of seconds, he reached me and instantly went for my neck with his knife.
Once again, I didn't even try to stop his hand.
His arm was so tensed, it became stiff.

So instead I flat handedly hit the back of it.

Like that, his entire arm changed direction and for a second his abdomen was turned sideways.
That was the second I used to give him a side jab with the back of my knife and when he crouched down, holding his ribs, I hit it against the back of his head.

"Belle! Down!"