𝓡𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷

Merry Christmas y'all.

I've had an 8h flight and a 6h car drive right afterwards yesterday, so I had a LOT of time to write a few chapters, which I'm gonna post in the next few days.

Stay save, happy holidays and a Happy New Year!

𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓵, 𝓘 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓖𝓲𝓻𝓵

𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓵, 𝓘 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓖𝓲𝓻𝓵. 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝔀𝓮𝓼 𝓜𝓮 𝓐 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮 𝓡𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓼

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Gosh Maddie where the hell are you, when I need you for once?

To quickly summarize the last half an hour, I did not get out of the hole I dug myself, when talking to Sabini.
Eventually I excused myself to the loo, when I caught sight of the holster on his side.

And now I was squishing through the people in this room, looking for Maddie, so we could get the hell out of here.

Is she like purposely hiding from me, or am I just blind?
It's probably the fourth time, I'm walking past this painting now, going in circles through the entire hall, when I bumped into somebody.

"Watch were you're- Maddie for fucks sake I was looking for you all over the place."

Turns out the person I bumped into was not other than Madeline and Alfie.. And Alfie?! No, what the hell is he doing here? Oh god no no no, they're not supposed to know each other..right?

"Oh. Mister Solomon. Which pleasure to see you so soon again. You two met?"

I signaled just with my eyes to Maddie that something was wrong, which she luckily understood.

"It's my pleasure. Ms. Westwood and me actually just bumped into each other and got talking. So you two work together as.. tailors? Right?"

"Indeed Mr. Solomon. It was lovely talking to you, if you'd excuse us now, I'm afraid we have to talk about a private matter."

"Of course, Ms. Westwood, I wouldn't want to intrude. Have a lovely evening. Ms. Lancom."

Fascinating. Alfred Solomon having an entire conversation without swearing once. That doesn't happend too often either.

"Ok what's going on? You look like you saw a ghost."

Maddie and I distanced ourselves from the crowd and left the ball room, now standing in one of the many dimly lit hallways. 

"Well. You remember the reason why we are actually here? I.. uh-"

If it wasn't this dark in here, I would have probably been able to see the colour leaving her face.