𝓐𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

Hey y'all, I know I've been uploading very slowly lately, but since I've been in quarantine for two weeks I missed a lot of my classes and exams, which I all have to take before the break. So excuse my absence, but I've literally been doing nothing but studying.
In fact, I have an assignment to hand in, in 57minutes and I haven't started yet.
------------------

𝓐 𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓪𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓶𝓷 𝓪𝓬𝓽, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓪 𝓼𝓪𝓭 𝓸𝓷𝓮

𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓪

"Annabelle Lancom, pleasure to meet you Mr..?"

"Solomon, Alfred Solomon."

Even though he hesitated for a second before grabbing the hand I was holding out to him, he eventually did and shook it.

"So what brings you to this extraordinarily exciting charity event tonight, Mr. Solomon?" 

He was younger.
I mean obviously, he'd only meet Tommy in a few years from now, but most of us don't change that much over the matter of a few years.
His beard was short, the last time he shaved can't have been longer than a week ago.
On the other hand, his hair was longer.
Over all he looked unusually clean.

"Investors I suppose. Have we met before?"

Is my face that ordinary and common..
He was the second person who asked me that question in the last hour, slowly I am beginning to question if that's just the way people greeted each other in the 20's..

"No. No we have-"

The loud echoing of a spoon hitting porcelain interrupted me and the room fell silent.
My eyes darted to the origin of the sound and met a rather round middle aged man and a very petite woman next to him.
At first I didn't notice, but taking a closer look, I could recognise the dress she was wearing.

It was one of mine. 

The joy that brought me however only lasted for a few seconds, before the man started speaking.

Call me judgmental but that guy is already giving me "I am rich so I am better than everybody else" vibes.
Hastily he pressed the cup into one of his butler's hands, before lowering the microphone, so that he could actually speak into it.

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you're all enjoying yourselves."

The room was, in comparison to his excited voice, fairly quiet, which made the whole thing a little embarrassing on his behalf.
He obviously noticed but didn't seem to mind a lot, so he just continued which similar passion.