Chapter 39

Hey y'all....Vote and Comment💙
Unedited as fuckkkk

Rewrote this chapter 6 times. So if it's not my best forgive me. A girl was having issues.

"We have Lucious Lyon here, the gangster rapper from Philadelphia."

Lucious hummed eyeing the man across from him. There was a hint of something fucked off on the term gangster when it came from his mouth. Something that rubbed Lucious the wrong way. Shaking it off he plastered on his cool smile. His nerves were already shot dealing with Cookie today. The two fighting like cats and dogs all over what he said a few days ago about Jamal. He was getting tired of arguing with her over everything. If his damn shoes were a centimeter out of place she was raving.

A lioness at heart about her cubs. Even though he didn't want to give in he knew he wouldn't sleep sane tonight without apologizing. Admitting his wrong was like catching a bullet with your teeth. Tuning back into the interview Lucious sat up straighter.

"I have to say Lucious, you look....gentler than your music videos."

"Different place, different take." Lucious shrugged. Wasnt the first time he heard that. Wouldn't be the last time.

"And that means?"

".....It means my attire changes...Bruce." Lucious spoke, the saying was pretty self explanatory.

"What do you have to say to those that criticize your...costuming?"

"What costume? Its clothes man. Presentation is key. I don't care who has an issue with a suit I put on. I'm more than a rapper. I'm a businessman." Lucious spat.

"Right right. So Lucious first time on the show. You came from the.....uh Slums of Philly?" Bruce questioned, almost mocking like. Lucious turned to production wondering if this was some type of set up. He hated having to come up the ladder on some of these talk shows. To expand his fanbase, and to make himself known more.

"Lucious?"

"Yeah, I came from the hood."

"You have been quite the rising star and now rising record label. Congratulations man, such a wonderful achievement given your background." Bruce spoke, Lucious's brows scrunched.

"What background are we talking about Bruce?" Lucious questioned, sitting up straighter in his seat. Wether production knew it or not their host was giving off some unsettling vibes.

"Well you rap about being a....ah gun slinging drug dealing hustler." Bruce quoted, tilting his head to the side. A hint of disgust in his voice.

"Nothing but the truth."

"Given that background. It's hard for people to come up. Such a feat to overcome. You no longer have to do those things.....right?"

"What type of police ass question is that?"

"Forgive me if I upset you Lucious. Just a question."

"No."

"To which part?"

"All, next question."