Chapter 11

Cookie felt the cold gel being smeared over her belly. She yawned looking up at the screen. She was tired today. Wanted nothing more but to lay down and sleep. As her due date grew closer, she fatigued alot easier. This little boy was draining her energy. She just knew his ass was gonna be a handful.

"Ah...there he is." Her docter smiled. Lucious looked up at the screen.

"It looks like he is still determined to come out in that position." The docter spoke. Cookie sighed, not only was he tiring her out but he was breech. He wanted to come ass out first.

"So what does that mean for delivery?" Lucious questioned. They had tried alot of things. The gentle nudges, playing with the baby, poking in other spots. Nothing seemed to work to get him to move.

"Well it's entirely up to you guys. We can do it vaginally or a Caesarean." She stated checking the baby over for any thing out of the ordinary. Cookies eyes widened.

"I am not having a c-section." She stated. Lucious rolled his eyes.

"Which one is safer for the both of them?" Lucious asked running his fingers through Cookies hair.

"Since he isn't in complete breech, I'd say you guys are looking good for a vaginal birth. If by any chance in the next few weeks he goes into full breech we're looking at a Caesarean." The docter stated. The heart monitor hooked up to Cookie started rising. Lucious glanced at the machine, then to his wife. Her eyes wide in panic.

"Cookie baby. Calm down." He spoke softly. His hand grabbed hers for comfort.

"Cookie, I assure you that there is nothing to worry about. Baby Hakeem is healthy and hasn't moved in the last month. I think he'll stay that way." Her docter spoke. Cookie nodded trying to calm herself down.

"Lots of women are afraid to have a Caesarean. If he does move, which I don't think he will. I personally vouch that it is a safe procedure. If it comes down to it I will handle it personally." She continued.

Cookie felt alot better hearing that. Docter Jones has delivered each of her kids. She not only delivered them, but she is also the family docter.

"Here. Let's get this wiped off and then I'll get you a pamphlet on Caesarean's." Her docter muttered wiping her stomach.

Cookie pulled her shirt down. Lucious had his own worries, but he knew his wife was scared shitless. Knowing her worrysome ass to scare herself, he pulled her into his chest while rubbing her back.

"You heard what she said. You will be alright." Lucious mumbled kissing her forehead.

"But what if..." He shushed her, helping her down.

"No what if's. For my birthday gift from you, I want you to not worry that pretty little head of yours at all." Lucious stated. She huffed giving him a glare.

"Your birthday is not even today." She snapped. He shrugged.

"So think of it as an early gift." Lucious responded.

Cookie grumbled, for him she'd do it. His birthday wasn't untill tomorrow. That date was engraved into her heart. It was special because on that day the love of his life was born. In less then 24 hours, on Febuary 17th Lucious would be 28 years old. He was almost in his thirty's but you couldn't tell. He looked damn good to Cookke though. Especially by the way his voice gradually got deeper with more rasp as he grew older.

Lucious didn't really expect much when it came to his birthday. Growing up he never really celebrated it. It was just another day. Normally on his birthday they went out to dinner, then they caught a movie.