Chapter 4

The men sat at the card table fully dressed for the club. Lucious had to admit Vernon was onto something as they listened to him talk. He rambled about being all mushy gushy and romantic. Which sparked all the men connecting plans together.

From what Lucious grasped Vernon was gonna take all the kids with the nanny and two of Ghosts bodyguards, out to sight see and hit an arcade or something. With the kids gone the men were gonna make a big ass breakfast. Write their women some chessy ass notes and leave them on their pillows, then they were dipping for a few hours giving the women free time before they came back to individually take their women to do something fun.

Lucious shook his head listening to his friends boast about their elaborate plans. He refused to go all crazy like they were. Cookie was a woman who liked the simple thoughtful things. He was gonna do the note, and the breakfast those were good ideas. But he wasn't gonna take her out of the house afterwards.

He planned a nice quiet romantic type of event for them all starting with a meal he cooked. Truth is after the boys finnaly let it slip about why Cookie had been acting so weird he felt like an asshole. What kind of husband doesn't notice the changes? He sighed he was to busy focused on the sexual changes in her.

Now that he thought about it there were obvious other signs like how she ate less, the round the clock questions about if she looked fat. He wasn't perfect he'll admit that. He wasn't always the best husband. The events playing out lately showing that.

What made him a great husband was his ability to learn from his mistakes and grow. He was on full kiss ass and makeup mode. So when the girls busted into the house all giggles, and what not he remained very calm while his Friend's were all up in their lovers face's about not contacting them.

Instead he slowly eased up to his woman who was looking at him like he was about to jump down her throat. She made a small sound of surprise when he just leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Did you have fun?" He questioned. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Yes." She hesitantly answered not sure of his motives. He gave her a pleased smile.

"Good. Go get ready. I'm ready when you are." He spoke then walked to the couch and took a seat.

The arguing of the other couples could be heard escalating. Cookie gathered her girls then went to go change. While the girls complained about their men being annoying she found herself not being able to join in. Lucious had actually did the exact opposite of what she expected.

He was big on knowing where she was at all times. In their line of work it was a dead set rule. Yet he didn't lash out. She smiled to herself curling her hair. She knew he knew the issue between them now. His eyes told her just how guilty he was feeling. He was trying to make amends with her.

She wanted to drag this whole kiss ass thing out as punishment, but she couldnt. He didn't know, and she didn't tell him. With that on her mind she decided to let up come tomorrow, but tonight she wanted to have fun.

The girls were dressed and ready to go within the hour. On her way out she ran into Andre. She grinned seeing her first born who's been running around all day.

"Hey baby." She smiled pulling him in for a hug. He yawned rubbing his eyes then hugged her back.

"You leaving?" He questioned as they walked down the hall.

"Just for a little bit baby. Where's your brother?" Cookie spoke.

"Sleepinging." He responded.

"Where you headed?" She questioned.

"The kitchen for some water." He yawned once more.

"Ok don't stay up to late." Cookie spoke giving him a look. He nodded. She rubbed his head affectionately before kissing his cheek.