Chapter 17

[Semi edited.]

"Damn it Cookie!"

She crossed her arms glaring into the eyes of the partner of the missing FBI agent. They had been at it for a solid 48 hours. She was exhausted, so was Ellis. Though he refused to leave her side. Not with the way things were ran around here.

"Tell me where he is! I can make this so much easier." He spoke, she cleared her throat sitting up straight.

"I. Don't. Know." She spoke a beat between each word. She wanted them to hear her clearly for the last time.

"That's bullshit! Who are you protecting huh? Your husband? Your crew? Your kids? News flash you can't be a mother from prison!" He roared abruptly standing and slamming his fists on the table. Cookie's eyes sought out Ellis's, he shook his head as a sign to not retort. They were baiting her trying to find a weak spot.

"The way I see it your innocent. Just caught up in the wrong crowd. You don belong in this mess. I can help you Cookie, but you gotta let me help you." He spoke, the desperation thick in his voice.

"You can help?" She asked, Ellis gave her a weird look from the corner of his eye.

"Cookie..." Ellis warned, the agent was quick to step in.

"Yes, Yes I can!" He spoke, she leaned forward staring him in the eyes.

" Then let me go home to my family." She hissed, he growled in frustaration storming out of the room. Ellis smirked watching her drop her head down onto the table. His pager chimed snatching his attention, clearing his throat he turned back to her.

"It shouldnt be too much longer, I just got word that they are processing you out right now." He spoke lifting her spirits.

She nodded with a sigh, she missed her kids something feirce. Not only that but the comforting touch of her husband was deeply needed to calm the lioness pacing her mind. 48 hours of names drops , accusations, and dirt being thrown on the name of her man had her wanting to go insane.

They refused to let her sleep. Hoping that her being tired and at her witts end, would make her sing like a canary. Like she would spill everything she ever witnessed, or heard. They were to wrong, she was a tough as the man she stood beside. Strong as stone they were when united as one.

That was the issue, and it was very clear to the agent as he gazed through the two way window. His eyes were cast with an evil glow. His partner showed him the ropes, he was elite among the agents. For him to be kidnapped not knowing if he was dead or alive was eating at him.

"What are we gonna do?" He heard as Cookie and her Lawyer stood and exited the room. He scowled as they passed and continued to the front.

"Take her...." He snapped, everyone looked at him unsure.

"She's nothing more but a pawn. What use would that make?"

"I don't fucking care. The FBI has control over this case. If she wants to protect him, I'll show her how we do." He gritted out.

"Get them charges filed, I'm taking this shit to court. Check mate bitch!" He spat storming away leaving the officers reeling. They thought he was crazy to pass up taking a man like Lucious down.

"We can book her again right now." An officer spoke pulling out his cuffs.

"No, let them think she's safe. I want this case to be solid. We'll give them a month." He spoke, a smirk dancing along his features.