Chapter 32

Cookie frowned hearing the sound of her door opening. The only person who knew where she was hiding out happened to be Des, how she got a key was beyond her. Groaning she faked sleep hearing heels clicking in her hotel room. For Des to actually take the hour drive out to her let her know her friend was up to something. She was in no mood to be scolded for the 100th time. Hearing her suck her teeth Cookie almost laughed....almost. Instead she hissed feeling a pillow smack her in the head.

"Damn bitch!" Cookie spat glaring at her annoying best friend.

"That's my line. You been in this bitch for 5 days now! When the fuck you gone face the music?" Des spoke throwing the pillow back where she got it. Cookie's glare darkened drastically at her words. Sitting up she chose to ignore her statement.

"You need to go home. Lucious is up my ass!" Des pushed, Cookie rolled her eyes reaching for her cup. Desmone scolded smelling the alcohol. That's all Cookie did these days, drink and watch this media shit play out.

"That's not my problem. Lucious opened up that can of bullshit. Not me! He needs to deal with it." She spat getting out of bed. Sliding on her slides walking out of the bedroom, Des on her heels.

"I agreed....until now. She's been dragging his ass on these talk shows all damn week. He hasn't made a statement or nothing, he's been too busy trying to find your ass."

Cookie hummed that was his lose. Instead of doing damage control he wanted to play detective. Not her Trixie had opened up a deadly can of whup ass the moment she started speaking on her kids. She could talk shit about Lu, she could talk shit about her even...but her babies. That was the feather that sent her down this road. She had been digging deep into Trixie's records before she became Trixie. If she wanted to play with the lion she was gonna get her ass tore up.

"I have things to handle. I told your ass if you had nothing useful to stop bothering me." Cookie spoke opening the fridge.

"And I told you we're not in Philly no more. You can't roll up and beat her ass." Des hissed.

"OH FUCK THAT! Just because we ain't in Philly don't mean I'm not the same bitch. Everybody and they mama out there thinking I'm some type of punk. FUCK THAT!" Cookie roared slamming the fridge door shut. Des pursed her lips glaring at her. Cookie was a steady tipsy at all times. Went to sleep drinking, woke up drinking. Not a damn care in the world.

"You're not thinking straight! Just listen to me Cook, you can handle your shit without a damn assault charge."

"I don't care." Cookie simply stated roughly giving Des a clear warning that the conversation was over.

"So god damn stubborn." Des hissed grabbing her keys and stomping out just as fast as she came in.

Between her and Lucious she was left doing the brunt if the run around at Empire. It was really starting to piss her off. They couldn't put their shit aside for one business day. Cookie rolled her eyes at her friends dramatics. Looking at the new papers on her counter. She looked at them briefly before going back to the fridge to fix her some lunch.

Normally she wouldn't make a move without Lucious but she couldn't even look at him. That little boy....was almost a splitting image of Lucious as a child. She thought learning of his cheating was pain...this wasn't a stab...this was burning her from the inside. Huffing in frustration she grabbed an unopened bottle of Hennesy. Drinking straight from the bottle she willed herself to focus on her food and not her husband.

Des thought she was running into this like a bull in a China shop. She couldnt be more wrong. This was calculated and planned out. Trixie was using her sudden traction to promote her come back. She'd be having a listening party at a club back in town. It just so happened that the owner owed Lucious a favor. Since Trixie wanted to ruin her birthday she was ruining her big night. Which would be the start of making this girls career hell. Was it an abuse of power? Yes, now that they had some grab in the industry they could not only push singles but also drown them.