chapter three: memory loss

"Loverboy's awake~!"

  What.

  Jeno whips his head to Haechan who's grinning with mischief at the silly term he used on him. "'Loverboy?'"

  "Yeah, 'loverboy,'" Donghyuck chaffs again.
"A perfect nickname for someone who's so clingy with his lover."

  "Says you," Renjun scoffs and Hyuck waves him off.

  "This is about Jeno, Renjun-ah."

  Jeno shakes his head and raises his hands. "Wait, wait. Why would you call me that?"

  Jaemin starts chuckling. "He doesn't remember."

  "rEoLli?? How drunk were you, hyung??" Jisung asks, shocked.

  Chenle cackles from the side- listening to everything despite having his eyes glued to his phone screen.
"Ya! Jisung-ah! He doesn't remember! How can he answer?"

  The main subject feels a hand on his shoulder and turns to an oddly grinning Hyuck.

  "Don't worry, I can make him remember."

  Then, without a second spared, he yanks Jisung and hugs him with his head pressed against his chest.

  The younger then, lays his own head onto Haechan's shoulder and wraps his arms around his torso.

  Jeno stares at their romantic position, weirded out, when they suddenly, read out a script.

  "Jeno-ssi, you have to walk because I can't carry you on my own," Haechan dramatically recites with an overly high-pitched tone, adding to the fact that his natural tone is already high itself.

  Jisung grumbles and restrains from breaking into a grin. "i Don'T wAnT TO! THey wOn'T leT uS hUg lIke tHis!"

  He tightens his arms around Haechan and the older gasps in 'shock.'
"Jeno-ssi! We really shouldn't be doing this here!"

  The 'drunk' Jisung then, lifts his head up groggily after a while to face the 'girl,' a tipsy grin on his face as he stares at Haechan.
"Then, somewhere else... is acceptable?"

  Donghyuck who plays as Jin Kyong, instantly gapes with eyes popping at his ambiguous yet, strangely risqué slur.
"Oh no! You're mad drunk! Mad! We have to get out ofㅡ WHOA!"

  Hyuck tries to carry the heavy and significantly larger Jisung but miserably fails and tumbles onto the floor with him crushed under.

  "Haha..." The supposedly blotto Jeno who's acted out by Jisung, chuckles suddenly and wraps his arms around Haechan's waist before flipping their positions so the younger would be the mattress to the older. "Jin Kyong is so cute and.. tiny that I can hold her... like this."

  Hyuck then, wriggles speedily yet, gently to not harm Jisung and stands up- rushing away for help after but meeting the DREAM members (played by a 'shocked' Renjun, cackling Chenle, Mark with eyes covered at the 'scandalous' scene and a mischievous Jaemin who's wiggling his brows) at the end of the corridor who had watched everything.

  "Tada! The end of flashback," Donghyuck announces and Jisung stands.

    The pale-faced Jeno stares with pure disbelief and horror- like, he's just been traumatized.

  And to make things worse, all the memories start flooding back in.

  "Did that... really happen?" Jeno weakly asks despite, having proof in his own head and his teammates nod vigorously.

  "We witnessed it first-hand," Renjun assures.

  Mark giggles at the memory. "I thought, you guys were gonna start wrestling or something when you spun her. It was hilarious."

  Jeno abruptly plummets onto his knees- shutting his eyes and gritting his teeth. "I'm dead. It's over for me. Bring me a coffin."

  "Coffee?" Jaemin misheard and Jeno instantly wails at all the shame and stress that come rushing in.

  "cOfFIn!!" He sobs before scrunching up into a ball.

  "Ah, right. Just in case, you wanted extra solid evidence, I have a recording too," Haechan tells and shakes his phone in his hand- only adding in more misery to the deflated Jeno.