chapter five: first stages

deiji 🌼:
hey, i'm going out with jaemin
for dinner and he wants me to
bring you too

you coming ?

kyo 🦋:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
why would he even want me to join
and be a third-wheeler?

no thanks, i'll pass

deiji 🌼:
you won't be a third-wheeler
jeno's coming tooo

apparently, jaemin said jeno
wanted you to come but is too shy
to say it

kyo 🦋:
okay, what time and where?

-

"Well, that was fast," Deiji says when Jinkyong arrives at their meeting point. "Didn't even think twice about it."

Jinkyong fixes her collar. "Well, if I didn't come, Jeno would've been a third-wheeler and do you know how terrible that'll be?"

Deiji eyes her with skepticism and chuckles. "Sure, Kyo."

They wait for a bit until the two idols come when two, unidentified, dark-clothed figures approach them and they stare up at them cautiously.

"Who...?" Deiji starts when one of them lifts their bucket hat up slightly and a pair of gentle, loving eyes meet with hers.

She smiles before muttering, "Jaemin."

Naturally, the other disguised figure is Jeno.

He pushes his cap up enough to look at Jinkyong and sees she's also, been looking at him.

He grins brightly and she feels an arrow strike her heart- leaving an abrupt and strong impact yet, one of blissful sensation.

"Let's go. I reserved a table for us, already," Jaemin says as their manager drives to park the car.

"Is he not joining?" Jinkyong asks and Nana shakes his head.

"He has other things to tend to. Since he knows who you two are, he thinks it's okay enough to let us be," he answers.
"Although, he did tell us to be careful. But, you can't even tell who we are with these, can you?"

Both the girls shake their heads and they all head into the restaurant- making a beeline to the private room Jaemin reserved and they order.

"I'm gonna go out and take some embellishments for the meal," Deiji says and stands- Jaemin following which results in an awkward atmosphere forming around the staying two.

Jinkyong doodles on her black ceramic plate using her chopsticks as she steals glances at the idol sitting facing her.

"It looks nice," Kyo suddenly, compliments in attempt to make a conversation.

Jeno points at his bucket hat questioningly and she nods. "Thanks."

"I've always wanted to buy one but it's hard to find cheap ones- or any in pastels," she tells, expressing gloom at not being able to find bucket hats in her favourite hues.

The idol stares at her before at the closed door before he takes off his headwear. "Want to try it on?"

"Really?" Kyo chirps, sounding more elated than she intended and Jeno chuckles.

"Yeah. Here," Jeno offers and she reaches out to grab it but, stops when he proceeds to put it on her head.

If her heartbeat was a car, it'd go flying over speedbumps and get various tickets for going over every speed limit.

Little does she know, his is the same despite his calm smiling face.

The smile widens at how pretty it looks on her although, it contrasts with her overall outfit tone.
"Pretty."

"Yes?" She sounds- not because she didn't hear it the first time. But, because she's surprised and in disbelief- an automatic response programmed.

He grins and with gentle eyes gazing at her dotingly, he says,
"You're beautiful."