chapter twenty: questions

Has he always been this way?? So bold and daring? Since wHeN?? Wonders the person who asked Jeno out without warning.

  Jinkyong's lips part to answer and his gaze instantly wanders to them.

  "You," she whispers honestly and he hears.

  He slowly pulls her- tightening the wrap of his arms around her and at this point, their figures are pressed so closely, they're unsure whether the erratic heartbeat is their own or the other.

  Maybe, both?

  It begins with the intense staring contest then, the movement of his hand to cup her cheek and the action of her arms to hook around his neck.

  "I know flowers are put in the garden. But, I wanna out our two lips on each other's," Kyo manages to say amidst the process and he chuckles.

  His chest reverberating from the unusual yet, addicting deepness of his voice and she smiles.

  He takes that as a yes.

  And so, they proceed with putting their 'tulips' together.

  It's like she's melting into his touch and his blood bubbles inside- hearts going overdrive and they feel as if they're fleeting.

  The kiss is slow and steady before Jeno tries to deepen it and he raises his form- lifting her up along as he rises from the seat and pushes himself closer while her hands travel to his dark hair.

  But, he must've leaned forward too hard as she timbers backward from the armrest and he panics to catch but ends up on the floor beside her.

  They lay on their back with blurry thoughts before turning to one another and bursting in boisterous laughter.

  His shoulders raise and fall as his laughter escapes and what seemed to be an intense, deep atmosphere before turns light and goofy.

  "Great stunt," she jokes and nudges him to which he replies with hiding his face behind his hands but she can clearly see his blush from his fiery ears.

  Jeno hears a small thud and parts his hands to see her hovering above him and his eyes widen.

  Her long hair hangs above his face and she reaches to pull it up but Jeno beats her to it when he gently holds them in his grip and raises it above her nape.

  She grins and leans in for a peck- sending his heart to a minefield before she rolls over onto her back again.

  He looks at her who lies on his arm and copies her words. "Nice stunt."

  She giggles, amused and they gaze at each other endearingly, enamoured.

-

  "You didn't have to walk me home, you know?" Kyo says as she and her boyfriend near her apartment complex.

  Jeno smiles behind his mask. "I can't go to your place but, at least, I want to send you to it."

  "You didn't even drive."

  "Um," he mumbles and blinks fast at her unexpected but true remark.

  She laughs and pushes him slight with her figure. "I was just kidding. Well, we're here."

  Jeno stands at the lobby's entrance and compliments the fancy place to which she brushes off.

  She doesn't want to tell that she doesn't actually, fancies the place that much.

  The thought bothers her but his hand that pats her head soothes her and she smiles softly.

  "See you tomorrㅡ"

  "Jinkyong?" Her father begins to walk up the steps to the doors and she gasps.

  "Dad," she greets but, faint and alarmed.

  Jeno turns to the man and he recognises his face from the call last time. "Mr.Ohㅡ"

  He's stopped from taking off his cap by Jinkyong's hand that keeps it on tight.

  She turns and smiles sweetly. "Just keep your cap and mask on. We have cameras around."

  Jeno stares at her.

  If it really is just that, why does her hand tremble so?

  "Who is this?" Her father, Jihan, asks with charismatic, daunting eyes scrutinizing Jeno.

  "My boyfriend," she bravely answers and holds his hand.

  Jihan cocks up a brow. "Huh. About time. I honestly thought it would've been Haein. What's your name, boy?"

  Jeno lifts his head up slightly. "My name'sㅡ"

  But again, his words are cut by Kyo. This time, by pulling him away from her father and bringing him to the gates.

  She holds his shoulders and gazes at his eyes that are shadowed by his cap. "Don't tell him your name, don't show him your face and just go- fast."

  Her rush and silent panic confuses him but he listens as Jihan begins to approach.

  "You won't be able to find out who he is. I won't tell you."

  Jeno can hear Kyo's words that are spoken with an angry tone.

  He furrows. Why doesn't she want to tell?