chapter twenty-eight: two weeks

Jiha's tea cup makes a loud, clear clank when he puts it on the glass table.

  His daughter follows the movement of his hand, not touching her own mug by the slightest.

  "Seeing as how you're not planning to even have tea time with me, I'd say we head on to business," he says and the other's heart races quicker from the anxiousness- the fear of what agreement the man in front of her would come up with.

-

  Jeno jogs around the area while scanning the premises to search for one certain face.

  Not many are at the airport at the time due to it not being the holiday season but for NCT Dream it is since the other units are the ones getting busy now.

  The wheels of his luggage sound loudly as they spin quickly from his rush but they suddenly, halt when he sees the girl waiting by the line to check tickets.

  He pushes down his cap and raises his mask higher to his nose's bridge while his large sunglasses cover the rest of his face.

  "Hey," Jinkyong greets as soon as she sees him despite the heavy disguise he wears.
"Ready?"

  Jeno nods and pulls her closer by the waist. "Let's go."

  And they check their tickets and passports before heading for their flight to Jeju.

  "All passengers please remain seated with your seatbelts on as we prepare for take-off," the pilot's voice reaches throughout the airplane and the sound of the said belts clicking fill the space.

  Jeno turns to Jinkyong, now feeling more free without having to cover his face since they're in their private first class seat with walls surrounding them like they're in a little container.

  "I didn't ask this before but, why the sudden trip?" Jeno asks and Kyo leans her head on his shoulder with shut eyes.

  "I just thought this would be a great stress reliever for us both. Away from the city and-" she pauses to open her eyes. "All the unwanted obstacles."

  The idol puts his hand to stroke the side of her head with a smile gracing his bright mien and her lids flutter close again.

  Pitch black darkness bringing forth a painful memory to surface.

  "What?" Jinkyong gasped out in disbelief, her feelings in turmoil and she shook her head. "No, no, I don't understand. Why are you still going to publicize the photo even after I agreed?? I already surrendered!
  "I'll be an office worker if that's what you want, aim for the director and whatever high-ranking positions there are so whyㅡ"

  Jiha cut her off with a dark, sonorous laughter. "It seems you still don't understand what my deal is. If you oblige with my orders to quit being a producer and work in the company, I would cover your face before publishing the photo.
  "However, if you reject, I will share the picture without hiding your face. People will then, find out who you are from your socials and everything will fall into place."

  His daughter looked at him with pure disgust but mostly, betrayal. "So... either way, you'll still put out the picture for the world to see? But that will effect his career!"

  "Precisely," the other spoke vainly. "It's either he goes down alone or you both go down together."

  Jinkyong's nails dug into her palms as she gritted her teeth to suppress the tears. "Is there not a choice where you can leave him be? This is unfair. He's innocent. He shouldn't be taking the fall in any way. I won't let that happen."

  Her father glared coldly at her whose head hung low and he sipped his tea.

  "Then, break up with him."

  Her face shot back up. "What?"

  "If you break up with him, I won't spread the picture. I will acknowledge that you and him no longer have a connection with each other thus, I will keep the photo to myself.
  "If you manage to maintain distance between you and that celebrity until after, of course," Jiha negotiated and a wave of worries flooded her.

  'If I broke up with Jeno, he'll be hurt. But, if I don't, he's going to be caught up with bigger problems,' Jinkyong pondered in her head- having an inner conflict whether she should or should not cave to the man's deal.

  Yet, she managed to come up with a decision. A decision she thought was best for Jeno.

  "I...I'll break up with him," she spoke feebly with her voice cracking and eyes heating up with tears.
"But, give us time."

  Jiha stared at her vulnerable state and hummed in thought. "Fine. This month ends in another two weeks so for the time being, I will let you and him have your peace. I promise I will not interfere in any way if you promise that your relationship with him will end when this month finishes."

  Jinkyong gulped and lowered her face yet, again as hot tears dropped and darkened her pants. "I promise."