chapter ten: something addicting, something new

Jeno pulls down his black cap lower and lifts his mask up higher while checking on his appearance on the window of a store in the mall.

  He's completely concealed, that's for sure. Even he wouldn't recognize himself.

  He looks like many other of the guys here with their long coats or jackets, caps and black masks along with fancy shoes and accessories.

  Donghyuck and Jaemin made sure he was able to 'blend in' with his attire in order to not attract much attention.

  Jeno looks around, keeping an eye out for their music composer when his phone starts ringing and he picks it up.
"Hello?"

  "Hey, it's Kyo. Where are you?"

  "I'm in front of a jewellery shop on the ground floor."

  Jinkyong furrows, recalling how there should be a jewellery nearby her considering she's at the ground floor, as well and she swivels.

  Standing a few large steps away from her is a tall man with a dark ensemble who's holding his phone to his ear just like her.

  Jeno sees her too and recognizes her eyes- causing his to turn into crescents almost instantly.
"I see you."

  She takes a step closer but, stops when he starts jogging towards her and the gesture fills her heart.

  "So, which shop are we checking first?" Jinkyong asks and Jeno looks down at her as she looks up at him with literal sparks in her lively, brown eyes.

  Both of them oblivious at the fact that they're admiring the twinkle in each other's eyes.

  "There's one upstairs," Jeno tells and pulls his gaze away before she notices.

  But, Kyo is not dum-dum. She's watched too many dramas and read aplenty of webtoons to not know.

  She lowers her focus to his hand as they walk to the escalator together.

  Usually, during these times, one among the pair would shyly hold the other's hand without making eye contact due to bashfulness.

  But that's not going to happen today.

  Jeno whips his head to the girl in surprise when she suddenly, links their arms together.

  "Do you mind?" She asks, round eyes blinking expectantly and he shakes his head to which brings a giddy grin on her face.
"You're being honest, right?"

  Although, she wears an utmostly bright smile that makes Jeno wonder how he's still not melted and evaporated from the hot blood rush, he can still see the cautiousness and insecurity in her flickering eyes.

  And to that he thinks, well, fuxk it.

  His hand travels to hers and he intertwines their fingers without breaking eye contact for even a slight and both their hearts burst.

  "I'm being honest," he muffles through his mask but she can hear it so clearly.

  Jeno watches her mien and his stomach churns with wild butterflies flapping their wings here and there.

  His adrenaline seems to rise and although, they're just on an escalator, it feels like a whole rollercoaster ride for him.

  A feeling causing both nausea and yet, excitement at the same time. A feeling where he wants to just melt yet, at the same time run across the whole world.

  Something addicting, something new.

  "We're here," Jinkyong says and they both step over the small bump to leave the escalator.

  The idol's eyes are fixed on her profile and he knows- he's falling.

  And he's falling damn hard.

  Is this what Haechan was telling him to be careful of?