chapter thirty-seven: a hidden factor

"Sorry, I'm late. I was out with Haein," Jinkyong says as she takes the seat in front of Deiji.

  Deiji shrugs it off, saying it's fine and their orders which she took for them come at the right moment.
"How are you feeling? I'm so sorry I couldn't visit you at all, my shifts were packed onto each other."

  "Oh, don't worry about it. I get what you mean. I'm feeling alright already. It was just a temporary coma or something because of the shock," Kyo says as they start eating.

  "Thank goodness. My colleagues were also worried for you and kept pestering me to tell them how you were but I didn't know either. They'll be glad to hear you're okay," Deiji says in relief.

  The other chuckles yet, a slight furrow appears from confusion. "Your coworkers were worried for me? They know me?"

  "Yeah. The ones from my main job. You joined us for meals a few times when you were working as Dream's music producer," her friend explains but at the look of puzzlement on the other's face, she asks,
"Don't you remember?"

  Kyo shakes her head. "I had a minor amnesia from the accident. The doctor said it's because of shock or trauma... something like that. I don't remember any details from when I was working with NCT Dream."

  "Oh my gosh, that must've been upsetting," her friend gasps and she nods weakly.

  Jinkyong sobs, tearless. "Very. Like, imagine not remembering anything about working with your idols."

  "On the bright side, you can make new memories with them," Deiji empathetically says as she pats her arm.

  The other stares at the table, slight confused by her friend's statement that actually refers to how Kyo has connections with Jeno thus, with Dream, but misunderstood it as a normal create more memories with the idols as a fan.
"I guess..."

  "By the way, when do you think your schedule's free?"

  "Why are you asking?"

  Deiji takes a sip of her drink. "The staffs have been wanting to have a meal with you again. It's been a while since you guys met."

  "Oh, um, I'm available anytime," Jinkyong doesn't reject the invitation and Deiji texts the others in the group.

  "How's tomorrow? Dream has this outside schedule and there are plenty of restaurants around the place. Also, you might have a chance to meet your boyfriend~" Deiji teases, completely oblivious that Jinkyong's forgotten all about her relationship with Jeno.

  The thing about being friends with Deiji is that, she's like in this whole separate place due to her always packed schedule.

  Neither Jinkyong's dad, mother, sister nor Haein know of her that much and even if they do, her name and face are as far as they go. They don't know of how close she and and Jinkyong are.

  It's a major factor Jiha has accidentally missed.

  Jinkyong chuckles at her and jokingly flips her hair. "Please, it's a chance for him meet me."

  "Ohh, sassy. I like it," Deiji whistles and they both burst out laughing.