chapter fourty-three: a step forward

Roughly 2 weeks after.

  Printed photos as well as polaroids of Jeno and Jinkyong are stuck on the right wall of the studio, albums and merch of NCT fill the shelves as well as novels and precious gifts.

  Framed award certificates and golden discs are  hung neatly yet, sparsely on the four walls while posters of NCT are arranged on the left side of the room.

  Fairy lights shaped in pretty flowers are put at the top of the walls.

  And in the centre of all this is a girl, working earnestly on her computer at her table surrounded by many music equipment. From a beatmaker to a digital piano and string instruments.

  Ding! Dong!

  Jinkyong stares intently at her screen, unfazed by the doorbell.
"Haein! The food's here!"

  Fast footsteps are heard, followed by the opening and closing of the front door.

  "Ya! Come out! Let's eat together! You'll strain your eyes!" Haein shouts from outside and Kyo sighs, staring at her organized beats before going out.

  Her workmate grins and proudly shows her the plates and utensils he's already laid out, receiving a look of approval from Kyo.

  They both sit facing each other as they eat, at peace.

  Jinkyong now has a place of her own. After regaining part of her memories last time, the thought of living with her mom and dad suffocated her.

  She couldn't stand being in the same room with the people who thought concealing a part of her life away was 'wise.'

  So, using her own abundance of money she's made from making plenty of hit songs, she got herself a fancy but minimalistic studio apartment with the maximum capacity of two people.

  Her parents were very... unsupportive, probably still is. They were reluctant to let her go but let's just say that Jinkyong went through a major character development and thought that she wanted to waste no more breath or time arguing with them.

  She just told them she already bought her own place, they could do nothing about it and stormed out without even telling her address.

  She doesn't regret it. And her sister? Well, Saekyong's turned irritable towards the 'head of the house' after realising that nothing would change if she didn't do anything.

  So just like her little sister, she too, moved away. After all, she's a choreographer and the money from selling choreography has been piling up.

  Haein is now able to work for longer hours and feels much more comfier having his vast workplace at Jinkyong's apartment rather than their past studio. However, they don't live together- they're strict with following boundaries and Jinkyong's consistent with kicking him out when it's getting too late.

  Besides, her boyfriend wouldn't like it if another man was to reside with her.

  "Well, I'm off early. Don't forget to eat dinner," Haein says as he takes off his jacket from the rack.

  Kyo waves and the door closes and locks with a beep.

  She yawns, now realizing how tired ahe actually is after pulling herself away from the monitor. Unpacking stuff, choosing furniture and getting settled- everything was exhausting and she hasn't been able to get proper rest.

  Jinkyong looks at the clock hung on her living room's wall.
"I think, I'll have a napㅡ"

  Her phone chimes and she groans- picking it up from the table to check.

  Her brows raise at the newest, juicy article.

NCT JENO SUSPECTED MUSIC
PRODUCER GIRLFRIEND FACE REVEAL

  Jinkyong frowns at the unfamiliar photo of a girl with a blurred out face. "Is this supposed to be me?"

  "Even with filters, I'd know how you look like," a voice says and loosely wraps their arms around Kyo's neck as she leans against the couch. "They're so desperate."

  Kyo chuckles and looks up at Jeno who's beaming an eyesmile down at her.
"Flatterer."