chapter twenty-five: image

Crack!

The breaking sound of boiled eggs can be heard from all around Jinkyong.

She sits silently in her pink sauna uniform, staring at her sikhye with a far off look.

Two days. She's been staying at the sauna house for two days due to not wanting to go back home. Besides, she doesn't know if she still has one.

Her mother, Miya, and sister, Saekyong, would gladly accept her back with open arms, they've eve been texting her to come back.

But still, that place is owned by the head of the house, Jiha, who hasn't left a single call or message for her after the fight.

And Jeno has to go back to work- filming an excursion at a rest house at a further area with the other members.

Still, he doesn't forget to check on her.

[사랑(.◜◡◝)]:
How are you?

[kyo🦋]:
i'm fine

[사랑(.◜◡◝)]:
Did you eat yet?

[kyo🦋]:
yeah

No, I haven't, Jinkyong answers in her head which contradicts with what she replied in text.

It's no use worrying Jeno and the fact that he's having the trip with the purpose of relaxation makes her even more reluctant to share.

[사랑(.◜◡◝)]:
What did you eat? Show me

The girl sighs. She knows that he knows she's lying.

Reluctantly, she takes a pic of her lonely sikhye and sends it- leading to consecutive scolding messages from him.

[사랑(.◜◡◝)]:
Kyo
Sikhye isn't a meal. You should eat. Yesterday you didn't eat either and said you would today
Get a few boiled eggs, at least
Please

[kyo🦋]:
okay, i will
i just don't have the appetite, right now but i'll make sure i'll eat later
i'll send a picture

[사랑(.◜◡◝)]:
Alright
I'll be waiting, okay?

"Hyung, why do you look so stressed?" Chenle asks Jeno who sits on the swinging chair alone and the older shakes his head.

"Nothing. Did Jaemin and Jisung come back from the mart, yet?"

Lele nods. "They're grilling the meat right now."

Jeno goes off the chair and nudges Chenle. "Let's go, then."

The two head to where the others are and Jeno clenches on his phone, still thinking about Jinkyong and worried of her well-being.

-

Jinkyong bows her head to the seller and sits down at a silent vacant area with her bowl of hot boiled eggs.

She quickly snaps a photo and sends it to Jeno before breaking one.

Her fingers move heavily as she peels off the shell, having no appetite but needing to eat. That is, until a message forces her to drop every and go.

[father means business]:
Jinkyong
Return to the house immediately

[kyo🦋]:
why should i listen to you when you never listen to me?

[father means business]:
I'm relieved that you know my personality
Because then I don't need to explain to you what I will do with this picture if you choose to disobey
*[image.jpg attached]*

Jinkyong downloads the picture and she quickly flips her screen to hide it.

Her heart palpitates loudly against its cage as her mind becomes dark and eyes frantic, unable to think and see properly.

The only thing that's clear in her mind is the photo of her and Jeno holding her hand that day when he escorted her to NCT's waiting room so bravely, abruptly.

She can still feel the warmth of his fingers that pull up her mask to hide her face from the cameras but still, her father managed to capture both their faces so distinctly.

Anyone will be able to tell even with the caps shadowing their eyes.

[kyo🦋]:
i'll go
so please, don't spread that picture