chapter twenty-nine: is there a way?

3 days.

  It has been 3 days since Jinkyong and Jeno came to Jeju and so far, everything is peaceful.

  Not many here paid attention to the fact that Jeno is a celebrity because they simply don't know thus, making it easier for them to travel.

  And there aren't many teenagers around the area they stay either- lessening their fear of being caught.

  Tomorrow, the afternoon of the fourth day, is when they'll return to Seoul.

  Jinkyong is busy scrolling through her gallery to look at the many pictures of her and Jeno.

  She made sure to take as many as she can, locking the moments in the photos now that she knows her time with him is cut short.

  "You haven't sent them to me," a deep, morning voice rasps as arms wrap around her shoulders from behind.

  Jinkyong smiles and leads her head on his warm limb. "I'll send them later on."

  Should I really?

  "You better," he warns with a chuckle and sits in front of her. "What are the plans today?"

  The girl shrugs. "I don't know. I couldn't think of any. It's fun just being with you."

  "Then, I'll be in charge of things today. For the past 2 days, you've been organising the schedules," Jeno says and moves to sit infront of her to eat his their breakfast that was sent in.

  "You sure about that? Don't stress yourself about it," Jinkyong advices and he nods.

  "I promise, I won't. I already have it done for a while now," he confesses and she gasps.

  She puts away her phone. "Why didn't you tell me?"

  "You didn't ask."

  Jinkyong facepalms and sighs. "Ugh, you're right. I didn't even bother and all I did was drag you along. I should've asked if you wanted to do something too. I'm sorry."

  He chuckles and starts slicing his pancake to eat. "It's okay, Kyo. I enjoyed every single one of your plans, anyways. You don't have to worry."

  She says nothing and goes back to looking through her gallery when a warmth suddenly envelopes her hand resting on the table.

  Jinkyong look at Jeno who smiles goofily with his hand holding hers.

  "Everything's fun when I'm with you," he says and she stares wordlessly at his beaming countenance before she turns away.

  "Flatterer," she scoffs jokingly before standing up. "Anyway, I'll be getting ready to go, then."

  He nods and waves at her as she leaves and he continues eating.

  Click!

  She locks her bathroom door and stands in front of the mirror.

  Tears flow down her flushes cheeks and wet the counter as she bites down her lip to contain the sobs.

  "How can I-" She starts in a whisper and tightly shut her eyes as if that will stop the storm of tears. "How can I part from him?"

  The coldness of the wall as she leans against it doesn't bother her as her whole body feels numb and her mind can only think of one subject, Jeno.

  If she leaves, he'll be hurt, won't he? To have a completely painless breakup is impossible but, if there is any way she can lessen it for him, she'll do it.

  Her pain is not her main priority.

  If she laughs, she laughs together but if she cries, she cries alone.

  By the time her eyes dry, they're turned puffy and bloodshot and her nose is a splitting image of Rudolph's.

  Jinkyong sniffs and washes her face repeatedly- cooling herself down and cleaning away the sticky feeling.

  What can I do to make it more bearable for him?