02

13th February, 2021
13:46

Taehyung was only twelve when he was faced by the harsh reality of the world. One night he was sleeping peacefully on his comfy bed, hugging his teddy bear plushie, only to be woken up by his worst fears drowning upon him. His parents were dead. They had gone on a date the previous night, and Taehyung being the good boy he was, had gone to bed early.

The neighbors had entered screaming in his house. At first he couldn't understand what was happening. Even after all the chaos happening around him, their loud voices were muffled to his ears. He remembers how the neighbors had barged in, how instead of waking up to his mother's sweet voice he woke up to them whispering. Some showed him pity, some just stared at him.

The police forcing their way in his apartment reflected the barging in of his neighbours on that horrendous night. The police had come in and arrested him for being the prime suspect of a murder.

Back then little Taehyung had been taken in by his aunt. His beautiful, sweet aunt, he had thought. How he wished it was true! She was anything but sweet. It was all a façade. She made him work at the mere age of twelve. She would beat him, hurt him, threaten him and what not. He doesn't remember having any good memories with his aunt, except for when his parents were alive.

He got bullied in school. He was known as the delicate boy, who couldn't even stand up for himself. He had a fucked up life and  always considered himself as a burden.

Though it was all before Jimin walked into his life. Jimin was the best person he had ever come across in his life. Jimin was his superhero, his best friend, his advisor, his partner in crime and apparently also the one whose brother was murdered.

Right, the officer asked a question.

What was that?

Does he remember?

Not at all!

"Can you answer Kim Taehyung? Where were you last night?"

The officer's gaze was sharp on him. It sent shivers down Taehyung's spine. The boy felt his throat going dry at this question. To anyone it could have been a simple question. It was really easy to answer what they were doing the previous night. But for Taehyung it was a bit difficult.

The previous night he was with Jinyoung. Not the whole night, just for an hour or so. He can't be sure. But that doesn't mean he murdered him, right? Of course it doesn't. When he left Jinyoung's place, the other bid him goodbye. He was obviously all well yesterday. Then what happened so suddenly?

"I-I was with Jinyoung."

"Hmm. How did you kill him?"

Taehyung's ears perked at the question. He was very clear before. He had said that he didn't do it. The innocent looking boy, a cheerful person, can he kill anyone? No, that's impossible. Also why would he even kill Jinyoung? It was not like he would sit and eat popcorn in his house if had killed someone.

"I told you, I never did it."

"Okay, Mr.Kim. Tell me why did you meet Jinyoung yesterday?"

"He asked me to." It was a simple reply from the boy. He wasn't lying. He didn't meet Jinyoung intentionally. He was forced to. If it were up to him, he would have never wanted to see Jinyoung's face again, however he had no choice. Why one may ask. Because Jinyoung was blackmailing him. And also he was Taehyung's ex.

"Hmm." The officer was calm. No change was seen on his face. His eyes still held that sharp gaze. He looked intimidating. Taehyung wondered if the officer always had this look on. He wondered if he would have also looked this intimidating if were an officer.

----------x----------

"So what do you think?" Namjoon asked, as he held a cup of coffee in his hands.

"About the kid?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

"Nah, about my sex life. Obviously, JK about the kid." Namjoon made an obvious face making Jungkook grimace at his lame comeback.

"Your sex life is disastrous, just like you. And this kid seems to zone out. A lot."

"Yeah, I saw that."

Namjoon was Jungkook's best buddy. Ever since Jungkook had started working as an officer, Namjoon and him were always together. Some even thought both of them were brothers. Namjoon was an earnest and a hardworking person. And to Jungkook, Namjoon was his inspiration.

Presently, Jungkook had decided to take a short coffee break from the interrogation. The accused was only a kid, five years younger than him. He didn't want to traumatize the boy, so he stopped.

The boy, Kim Taehyung, didn't look like he could hurt even a fly. He had that innocent look plastered on his face. However in his job he was taught not to trust anyone easily. Also, you should never judge a book by its cover. This boy did look innocent but who knows he might be an actual killer.

You always hide your inner demons from the world.

He took a sip of the bittersweet drink. The case wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. In his five years of his career he had solved many cases. Because of his hard work, he had become a chief officer at a young age. And this was his first case where Namjoon would be working under him as an assistant, so he wanted to prove himself by solving this case.

"Any updates regarding the CCTV footage?" Jungkook asked as he threw the now empty plastic cup.

"Yeah, Kwon said he'll inform me soon." Jungkook nodded at his friend's words.

This case is gonna fuck his mind and he was sure about it. Don't get him wrong, he loves his job. It was just stressful. Why would a college kid murder someone? Well there are many reasons as to why. But he can't just assume and make theories of his own, until he is very sure. His works were based on more evidence and less assumptions.

"What about the autopsy reports?" Jungkook was standing in front of the door now, which will lead him to the interrogation room.

"They'll be here by..." Namjoon looked at his wrist watch, "....8 pm. So, more six hours."

Jungkook nodded at the older and sauntered towards the room.

------------

Hey ya,
How are you'll?

Thank you for reading♡♡

Do not forget to vote and comment.
You all can also follow me to stay updated with the chapters❤