17

19th February, 2021
19:36

It was raining. Jungkook was keeping an eye on Taehyung. It was late and he wondered why the others hadn't left yet. While he was working with Namjoon this afternoon, Shin was the one keeping an eye on the younger.

It was boring, really. He doesn't know if it's even worth it. The case is going somewhere else. And Taehyung doesn't seem a part of it, but still it was necessary.

He saw Taehyung coming out of the cafe. The younger didn't have any umbrella nor did he have any raincoat. Nevertheless, Taehyung walked in the rain like it didn't affect him. Jungkook was tempted to drop Taehyung back home, but thinking about what happened last time they had breakfast he dropped the idea.

Taehyung walked quietly in the rain, enjoying the water droplets that fell on him. He was thinking about many things, while walking towards the bus stop. The first thing was, he really needs to visit the university tomorrow. Ask the dean about the classes he missed.

The dean will surely suspend him, 'no he won't', he shook his head. He thought about all the possibilities that could happen tomorrow and they all ended badly.

He had been busy these past few days, but he took a leave for tomorrow from the cafe. He really had to get his shit together. He even needs to talk to Jimin.

He misses Jimin so much. Even if they fought the last time, he still thinks Jimin loves him the same amount he did before.

He sat down on the bench, waiting for his bus. He was exhausted, he had many things to do today. He didn't know when the exhaustion started working on him and just like that he fell asleep while still sitting, waiting for his bus.

Jungkook saw it all, he saw how tired the younger looked. He looked so worn out. He also saw how the younger was dozing off, while sitting. And Jungkook had the courage to walk up to him. Finally.

Only when the younger fell asleep.

He sat beside Taehyung and gently put the younger's head on his shoulder. Taehyung stirred but went back to sleep once Jungkook patted his head.

Jungkook sat there and thought about how he walked from his car to the bench, just to sit beside Taehyung. He never in his life had liked rain, but now for Taehyung he doesn't mind getting drenched in it. He didn't mind walking out from the comfort of his car and sitting right beside the younger.

It felt nice.

He has been feeling like this since the day he saw Taehyung cry. It was a pity at first. He pitied the younger boy who was caught in this murder stuff. But now it's not that. He knows this. He knows this by his heart.

Jungkook has had relationships in his past. Some ended even when they began, but none of them made him feel the way he feels about Taehyung. He doesn't think it's love. It's not.

He likes the younger.

Yes he does.

Or maybe more.

But it's not love.

He likes the younger because of how simple, cute, beautiful, adorable and oh god he just likes him so much. He remembers how the younger smiled when he got the job at the cafe.

That cute beautiful boxy smile of his. The way his eyes had crinkled.

The deep laughter that left his mouth while talking to the owner of the apartment.

His small sniffles when he cried that day, alone.

The way he zones out while looking at his food, the way he eats in his pout.