16

19th February, 2021
15:34

"So you're telling me the Rose building didn't have any watchman?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah." Namjoon replied as he took a bite of the burger.

Today they were going to question the watchman of the Lotus building, Hwang Daejoon. To say Jungkook was mad, would be an understatement. He was furious. Why? Well apparently, there was no watchman on duty the night robbery happened. They'd look after it later, right now questioning Daejoon was more important.

"He's here." Kwon informed them both and Jungkook nodded.

Usually Kwon would have thrown a snarky comment towards Namjoon, but Jungkook looked so determined to only work for the case, he didn't. He didn't have the guts, so he quietly informed the two about Hwang Daejoon sitting in the interrogation room, while he gave a peace sign to Namjoon who in turn ignored him.

Namjoon and Jungkook walked inside the very familiar interrogation room, they both saw the watchman sitting still, keeping his eyes on his shoes, patiently waiting for the officers.

"Hello, Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook introduced himself as he took a seat, Namjoon imitating the action.

"Why am I called here?" Daejoon nodded his head.

"For a simple interrogation, Mr.Hwang." Jungkook replied.

"Go on, sir."

"So, Mr.Hwang as we already asked you a few questions the night the murder happened, could you please elaborate more about that day?" Namjoon questioned the watchman.

"Like I said, my shift starts around 6 in the evening, I was a little late though. But nothing unusual happened, except for Taehyung coming. He gave me a box of sweets and walked towards Jinyoung's apartment."

"Alright. Did you hear any unfamiliar sounds, like someone falling down after Taehyung left?"

"No sir, I didn't."

"Think clearly, Mr.Hwang."

There were a few moments of silence before Hwang replied with a no.

Both the officers nodded their heads.

"Mr.Hwang, there's CCTV footage we have. We are going to show it to you, please tell us if you can recognize the face or anything."

The CCTV played, it was CCTV of Rose building, wherein they were able to see the robber's side profile. Jungkook was keeping a close eye on the watchman to decipher his reaction, but the watchman seemed frozen once he saw the robber.

"Turn it off." Jungkook ordered and Namjoon turned the footage off.

"Mr.Hwang do you know who it is? Do you perhaps know the robber?"

Hwang shivered as he looked at both the officers and sighed heavily.

"He's my brother." Hwang mumbled, loud enough for both of them to hear.

"What?"  Namjoon questioned in disbelief.

"My brother, h-he was always like this. He never had any intentions to work. God! What has he done."

"Wait, you mean to say the robber is your brother?"

Jungkook and Namjoon both were shocked at the new found information. It was twisted, like Jungkook always said.

"Yes he is." Hwang said it without hesitation.

"Please officers, catch him, he has to go to the jail. If he stays out for long, God knows what he'll do." Hwang continued.