33

I double updated, so read chapter 32 before reading this one.

Enjoy!

-------

12th February, 2021
22:06

Hwang Daeil had just stolen the precious diamond necklace. He was ready to walk out of the small apartment, walk back to his home and take a shower. He needs to do one more robbery before he can flee the country. This diamond necklace was a plus point.

As he was going out of the bedroom he saw an apartment from the living room's window. He walked to take a closer look. The curtains were closed so he couldn't see much. It was on the fourth floor of the Lotus building. The guy in the apartment turned off the lights and hopefully closed the door and walked out.

Daeil saw this as an opportunity. He thought he could get something from that house too. He got out of the house he was currently in. There was a wall on the backside of the Rose building which he could easily climb and jump directly into the parking lot of the Lotus building. He started sauntering, avoiding all the cameras. Not knowing that one camera caught his side profile.

He climbed the wall and jumped, the noise created made him fear that his brother; the watchman might come and see. But he was relieved when he saw his brother was sound asleep.

He quickly ran towards the apartment, once again avoiding the cameras as much as he could. He was surprised when he saw the door of the said apartment open. He walked inside the dark house. He couldn't see anything and started searching for a torch. He was wearing gloves so he had no fear of leaving his fingerprints.

He stumbled upon something while searching for the torch and fell down. Not noticing what he stumbled upon as a sharp pain shot in his forearm.

"Ah." He screamed and took deep breaths to calm himself. He saw a broken glass that cut through his skin, however it wasn't that deep so there was not much blood. Once he found his torch, he was shocked to see the scene in front of him.

He had stumbled upon a center table, beside which was a dead body.

A freaking dead body.

He had no idea what he was going to do next. He cannot even call the police, if he did so he'll be caught too. The dreams that he had about fleeing the country would vanish.

So he decided to leave. Leave and act like he never saw this. But one thing caught his eyes. And that was a shining object on the dead body's hand.

It was a ring.

A diamond ring.

Now Daeil had second thoughts about ignoring this scene. He had a chance now. He can quietly take the ring. No one will notice, anyways.

He stupidly started to lean down and took the dead body's hand in his own. The ring could give him a lot. But who thought the same ring would cost him his fortune, his life.

However at that moment he didn't think of the worse consequences, he just wanted to take that ring and run. And he did so.  He quickly got out of the building, out of the area and ran straight towards his house on the outskirts of the town.

Once he reached his small house, he hid those ring and necklace in his small compartment that he had made. And went to take a shower.

Unaware of what was awaiting him next.

-------

That's all.

Any comments?

Thank you for reading.

Have a nice day/ night.