04

13th February, 2021
14:12

"Mr.Kim, what were you doing yesterday at Jinyoung's place?"

He was having dinner. A not so peaceful dinner. Honestly, Taehyung wasn't interested in going to his previous apartment and eating a meal with his so-called ex boyfriend. But he had no other option.

It had been two weeks since Jinyoung was blackmailing him and he just wanted to get over with it as soon as he could. As a result he found himself at Jinyoung's apartment, having a chat with him.

"We talked." He quietly answered and Jungkook sighed. A sigh which Taehyung clearly heard and looked up straight in the older's eyes.

"Look, Taehyung, you've to be specific or else we won't be able to help you." Jungkook tried to make the other understand only to hear loud yelling in response.

"I DON'T NEED HELP! I TOLD YOU I NEVER DID ANYTHING! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO HEAR?"

Jungkook just looked at the other, a neutral expression plastered on his face. This wasn't anything he hadn't seen before with his other suspects. Taehyung was at least giving him a few answers. Some suspects he had dealt with cried, wailed, screamed and never gave him the desired answer.

"Don't yell. We won't know until you give us the required answers."

Tears welled up in the younger's eyes. He looked helpless.

"Taehyung, now please tell me what you were doing yesterday at Jinyoung's place?" Jungkook asked, again.

"He asked me to meet him." Taehyung mumbled, but in the hushed room, Jungkook clearly heard what he said.

"Go on."

"He said we'll only have dinner and-and he said he'll delete them" Taehyung stuttered out the words.

Jungkook's ears perked at the last sentence. 'He'll delete them' delete what?

"Delete what, Taehyung?" He inquired.

"Delete the, the v-videos." Taehyung was sobbing now.

"Drink the water, yeah? And keep going, we need this to help you Taehyung."

Taehyung's sobs died down a bit as he eyed the glass of water. Jungkook was quietly watching him. If spilling all the truth about Jinyoung's and Taehyung's relationship could get the younger out from here, he'll just tell the officer everything.

It's not like Taehyung is hiding something. A sweet boy who was now sitting in an interrogation room, just wanting to get out of there. He had no choice. Keeping his eyes on the glass, he started talking,

"He was blackmailing me. He had an explicit video of me and some photos too. My face was clearly visible in them and he said if I don't get back with him, he'll-he'll post it online." He explained, voice cracking a little at the end.

Okay so now it drowned upon Jungkook, why would Taehyung visit his ex.

"Why didn't you complain about him?"

Taehyung looked baffled at the question.

"To who? To the police? You people have arrested me even when I'm not guilty and you want me to complain?-" he let out a dry chuckle, " he threatened me. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted him to stop, that's why I agreed to meet him."

Jungkook's jaw clenched at how Taehyung disrespected the Police, but he chose not to comment on it.

"Hmm. Why did you two break up?"

"He cheated on me." Taehyung replied.

-------x------

"Jinyoung was blackmailing Taehyung. This is why Taehyung killed him." Namjoon spoke, no doubt lacing his words.

"Maybe. We're not sure." Jungkook answered as he was on a break now. He was hungry, therefore he and Namjoon had ordered some food.

The food wasn't anything special. Just some fried chicken with noodles. It wasn't much, but it would suffice their hunger. They both were now sitting in the office, eating as they discussed about the kid; the suspect.

"Look Jk, this kid was out the whole night. Plus his phone was switched off. And he even has a reason to kill Jinyoung. This case is just as easy. Why are you complicating it?"

"You've got a point. Yet, if Jinyoung threw the glass lamp at the killer, the killer should have a bruise. But Taehyung doesn't have one. I noticed it when he started yelling."

"Alright, but what if the killer dodged it?" Namjoon questioned.

"That can be a possibility hyung, but I'm still not so sure. These are only theories, there is no solid evidence, yet. Something doesn't add up here, so we can't just jump to conclusions." Jungkook replied. "Also, if Taehyung killed Jinyoung why did he come back instead of hiding? He knew he would face the police one way or another." Jungkook added.

"Yo, boys!" Kwon Hyungsik interrupted them. Hyungsik was another friend of theirs, working on this case.

He was the one who was supposed to bring the CCTV footage.

"Hey!" Namjoon waved enthusiastically.

"Here it is. The footage after 22:03 is corrupted. I couldn't retrieve it, unfortunately. I'm still trying, till then you can see the one I bought right now."

"Thanks Kwon. Once this is done, I'll buy you chicken." Namjoon fist bumped Kwon.

"Now the footage." Jungkook said as he inserted the CD in the laptop. Clicking on the play button. The screen showed two footage in collage. One showed the footage of the entrance of the building while the other showed the fourth floor which was Jinyoung's floor.

The CCTV started exactly on the morning of 12th February. There were some people who entered the building. As it was a weekday, people were seen going to work or coming back from work. In all the videos they never once saw Jinyoung getting out of his house.

At exactly 20:20 Taehyung entered the building. He had a small bag in his hand, he smiled towards the watchman, pulling out a white tiffin box from his bag and handing it to the other.

"The sweets." Jungkook said making Namjoon nod in response.

They saw Taehyung making an entry in the register while talking to the watchman. The next clip showed Taehyung going to Jinyoung's door, knocking on it. Jinyoung opened the door and hugged Taehyung, the latter never returned the hug.

Now it was around nine at night on the footage, yet there were no moments. No one came out of the house and no one even entered the house. It wasn't anything suspicious, as this was dinner time and they didn't dwell upon it that much.

At exactly 21:05, Taehyung got out of the house, making his way downstairs. He greeted the watchman again and walked out of the building gates. It had passed one hour and nothing else happened in the footage. Jinyoung never came out of the apartment and after ten the CCTV was corrupted.

-------

Thank you for reading.♡

Are you'll liking the story?

Also do not hesitate to ask me if the time or dates or anything confuses you in the story.

Don't forget to vote and comment, if you do like it❤