25

24th February, 2021
13:57

"Are you going to confess or not?" Namjoon asked as he sat before Hwang Daeil.

It's been an hour since he started the interrogation, but Hwang Daeil has been sitting still and quiet.

"Confess what?" Daeil asked, still sitting unfazed. This guy had a blank face on, with no remorse or guilt. He didn't even look scared now.

"Why have you arrested me? I've done nothing wrong." Daeil asked.

"We arrested you when you trespassed into your friend's house." Namjoon replied.

"I forgot something there, therefore I entered his house."

"Without his permission?"

"We're friends, it doesn't matter."

Namjoon sighed loudly, it was hectic. This guy thinks, what he did is okay. He has to confess that he did the robbery, the fraud and the murder. Or else, they can only charge him against trespassing.

Namjoon walked out of the room and was instantly greeted by prosecutor Lee.

"I saw your interrogation." Lee voiced out.

"Yeah."

"That's not going to work Namjoon, let me talk to him. Then you can interrogate him again."

Namjoon agreed, because what other options does he have? He sent the prosecutor inside while he sat on the chair and watched from the glass window as the prosecutor started talking to Daeil.

After about an hour or so, the prosecutor walked out. "You can come in." He called as they both now walked inside. Namjoon sat in front of Daeil while Lee took a seat beside him.

"So Daeil, are you ready to confess?"

"Yes, I talked to Mr.Lee, he explained to me some laws, but I'll only confess to the crimes I've done." Daeil replied.

"Start."

"I started gambling three years ago, I was caught two years ago, but they let me go. Initially it was all good, I would win money and I could go to night clubs. But as I started losing money, I had no option but to start robbery."

"Why did you need so much money, you could've worked."

"Poverty," Daeil chuckled. "My brother got a job as a watchman, while I couldn't get one. So I left the house." He continued.

"I left my house, and scammed a couple. I discovered I was good at those things. And that's how I started doing frauds and robbery."

"Go on." Namjoon said.

"The diamond necklace I stole from the couple was going to help me to flee from the country. I've been watching the couple since the last two weeks before the robbery. They would go to parties almost daily, so I had a chance.

About the fraud, Choi seemed like a stupid person. I mean who would believe someone you just met at a club. So I thought I'll take money from him and flee the country."

"What about the diamond ring?"

"I stole it from the body. I never murdered that guy. I don't even know who the fuck he was."

"Stop lying. You said you'll confess everything you did." Namjoon gritted his teeth.

"Yes, I said that. But I never murdered him." Daeil seemed irritated.

"How did you steal the ring then?" Namjoon asked.

"I was about to leave the couple's house when I saw someone from the adjacent building's house leaving. I took that as an opportunity and entered the house, avoiding the cameras. I saw my brother who was sleeping and I thought it was perfect, destiny had planned it all for me, so I walked upstairs and when I reached I found the house's door open."

Daeil took a deep breath and started talking again.

"It was pitch black, but I stumbled my way into the house. These buildings have the same layout of the houses so I know where the bedroom is, I was about to turn but I fell down and lit up my torch and I saw the body, I was wearing gloves luckily. I thought if I called the police I would be caught, that's why I was about to leave but I saw the shining ring and stole it."

He completed his explanation, Namjoon nodded his head and walked out with Mr.Lee.

In the late evening when Jungkook was back he decided he'll do the interrogation. He walked in the room with Mr.Lee walking with him. They both took a seat and woke Hwang Daeil up who was supposedly sleeping.

"So Daeil, aren't you gonna tell us how you murdered Park Jinyoung?" Jungkook asked.

"I never murdered him, officer. I already told the whole story." Daeil said.

"You did, but you never told us about the murder."

"Because I never did it." Daeil spoke again.

"Then tell me Daeil, how did we find the knife from your house? And why was it your IP address when we searched for the hacker?" Jungkook questioned.

"I don't know. Someone must have done this to frame me. I NEVER MURDERED ANYONE." Hwang Daeil screamed.

"No need to scream, drink the water."

Daeil nodded his head and took a sip of water. That's when Jungkook noticed a scar on his right forearm, it was a gash, which looked quite recent.

"How did you get that." Jungkook enquired as he pointed towards the scar.

"Oh this? I got it when I fell down while stealing the diamond ring."

Jungkook nodded and decided to end the interrogation for the day.

"Your court date will be held soon." He said before walking out of the room, with Mr.Lee walking behind him.

-------

I suck at writing a/n.
But, how was the chapter?

There are only a few chapters left now, don't leave yet, though.

I'll be updating this book daily.

Thank you for reading.♡