03

12th February, 2021
23:30

"It looks bad!" Jungkook commented as he walked around the apartment Park Jinyoung was killed in, he was found by his neighbor.

Apparently Jinyoung's neighbor, William, had just got back from his work. The guy had gotten out of the elevator, and as the victim's apartment was right in front of it, it was easy to spot the wide open door. It was quite rare for Jinyoung to keep his door open like this and William found it quite strange; and so he had cautiously entered the house, screaming in utter shock when he had seen Jinyoung's dead body. It was lying right in the middle of the living room. As William said, he had dashed out of the house informing the secretary of the building, who had called the cops.

"It's not a club to look good. It's a crime scene obviously it would look bad." Namjoon replied as he walked behind Jungkook.

"Keep your stupid jokes to yourself." Jungkook sternly warned him, the other just tsking at him.

The apartment was a mess. It reeked of alcohol. Dirty clothes were scattered around, some beer bottles laid around the couch. They both walked further and something suspicious caught Namjoon's attention.

"He must've thrown the lamp at the killer." Namjoon said.

There was a lamp, which was broken into pieces. It didn't look like it had fallen there by mistake. The lamp was thrown by a great force which made its pieces scatter around the dining area.

"Yeah, look his hand has a burn. The lamp was definitely hot." Jungkook took the dead body's hand and examined it, obviously wearing gloves. 

The forensic team was doing their tasks. One was busy photographing the scene. One was examining the beer bottle for a DNA sample while the other was carefully picking up the broken lamp's glass pieces for fingerprints.

Jungkook sighed as he got up. "Is his phone unlocked?" He inquired with one of his colleagues, more like the technical team's guy.

"Yes, sir.  His last call was to someone named Taehyung. And not just that, his whole call log is filled with the same name. Seems like a lonely guy to me."

"I see. Search more about this Taehyung guy." The colleague nodded his head at that, and walked away.

"Hyung, let's go ask the people around." Jungkook spoke as he started walking towards the door while Namjoon followed him wordlessly.

William was standing right in front of the door with a few people standing behind him. All in for something spicy; a murder. It angered Jungkook; people were whispering about how Jinyoung was dead.

'He was a quiet guy.'

'How did this happen?'

'Do you think Taehyung did this?'

This was all the words mumbled between the people.

The first one Jungkook decided on asking questions was William.

He called for Jinyoung near the stairs and started his procedure.

"So, did you know Jinyoung for a long time?"

"Yeah, he was my neighbor for three years, I guess. He was a cool guy." William answered.

"Hmm. Can you tell me more about his nature, friends and stuff?"

William shrugged, "He had taken a business major and he sometimes used to ask me for help regarding studies."

"Why would he ask for help from you?" Jungkook questioned.

"Oh yeah, I have majored in business too, and own a small company."

"Okay. Anything else?"

"I don't think he used to have many friends over. He wasn't really the party animal, hated loud music and all. But he used to live with his boyfriend, Taehyung. And if I'm correct, they even celebrated their 4th year anniversary two months ago."

Okay, so Jungkook had a clue now. Taehyung was Jinyoung's boyfriend-

"But they broke up I guess. Because Taehyung moved away a month back or so."

Okay, so Taehyung was Jinyoung's ex-

"But they can be together, because yesterday Jinyoung said Taehyung would be visiting him today, he looked happy."

Damn this guy. Can't he speak all of this at once. Now Jungkook has to dig more about this. However, like William said, what if Taehyung visited him today? Did Taehyung kill Jinyoung?

"Okay, Thank you." Jungkook bowed a little and proceeded to head down.

"Do you think maybe Taehyung killed Jinyoung?" Namjoon asked.

"Can be. We don't know for sure, yet." Jungkook responded as the pair were now out of the building walking towards the watchman.

The watchman bowed at both of them and so did Jungkook and Namjoon. He looked a bit old. Perhaps he was in his mid forties.

"Can we ask you a few questions. It'll be quick." Namjoon asked and the watchman nodded his head.

"So Mr..." Jungkook started.

"Hwang Daejoon."

"Yes. So Mr. Hwang, when does your shift start?"

"It starts around 6 pm, everyday."

"Okay. Can you show us the entry book?"

The watchman nodded as he handed a long register to Namjoon. The taller quietly started checking the entries.

"Did you know Jinyoung?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes. I've been working here for a long time. He was a quiet guy."

"And what about Taehyung?"

"Yes, yes. Taehyung is such a sweet child. He has a passion for cooking and baking sweet stuff. He would always give me some when he'd make them."

"So Mr. Hwang can you tell us how long Taehyung stayed here and if you know what his relationship was with Jinyoung?" Jungkook questioned again.

"Yeah they used to stay together. Taehyung was Jinyoung's boyfriend. But he moved out recently though. Can't really say when."

"Ah I see."

"Right, Taehyung came today. He gave me some sweets too. I ate them as soon as I could." Hwang replied, a little too excitedly. He seemed like he had a sweet tooth.

Jungkook nodded at his answers. Being thankful he bowed and started walking back towards the apartment.

"Taehyung came in at 8 pm. It showed in the register. He wanted to visit apartment 402, which is Jinyoung's." Namjoon said as they climbed up the stairs. He had already given the register back to the watchman, thanking him silently.

"Hmm. This guy can be a prime suspect, until we have evidence. Find this guy we'll interrogate him." Jungkook commanded as he entered the crime scene.

"Don't jump to conclusions JK what if this guy only came to visit hi-" Namjoon was abruptly cut off by one of the guys from the forensic team rushing towards them.

"Sir, sir, sir. We found this beside the dead body."

It were a few strands of hair, blonde in color. Jungkook put on his gloves and examined the piece of evidence. Jinyoung had black colored hair, hence it can't be his. This hair can be of the killer; potential evidence.

"Sir." The technician guy called out. "Our team thinks, this is Taehyung. This photo was taken today."

Jungkook took Jinyoung's phone and looked at the selfie. It was taken by Jinyoung for sure. The other guy in the photo was eating a steak and according to the background it looked like Jinyoung's dining room. The guy looked uninterested in clicking the picture, although he had posed for it making a peace sign. The guy was very pretty, though his eyes looked a bit dull. But that was not what caught Jungkook's attention, the guy having blonde hair did.

----------

Hellooo,
I'm sorry if that was bad,
I've no idea how a real investigation works, so if there are any mistakes feel free to correct them.
Thank you for reading❤