06

13th February, 2021
5:18

"And where were you both?" The police officer asked the young couple.

"We were out for a party, sir." Said the woman.

A robbery had happened in the Rose building on the fifth floor. This building was right adjacent to the Lotus building.

The young couple, Lee Arya and Lee Yujun, were supposedly out for a party. They had left the house at night and had come back in the morning.

After returning back, the first thing they had noticed was their door was unlocked, and then Arya's diamond necklace was missing. They had instantly called the cops from the local police station of the area and now the two officers were here. Asking them stuff about their house and their whereabouts.

"Do you remember the time you left?"

"Um, around nine." Spoke Lee Yujun.

The officer nodded and turned around to check the TV.

"Your television is nice." He confessed as he walked further in their bedroom.

The couple shared awkward glances before trailing behind the officer. The other officer was busy searching the house, to find any evidence. If the robber may have left behind anything.

The officers now had searched the whole damn house, only to find that the missing things were the necklace, some cash and an expensive vase.

They had told the couple to lock the doors properly and headed out of the house. Saying they'll inform them immediately if they find anything in this case.

The couple were distressed at how slow the police were working, but they still agreed to whatever those two officers said.

After all Arya needed her damn necklace and Yujun wanted the money.

------x------

13th February, 2021
05:00 pm

It was a coffee break for Jungkook. However, he had decided to take a quick nap. He was tired. Plus drinking coffee wasn't helping much now. As he was taking a nap, Namjoon was sitting right beside him, going through the case files.

Namjoon hadn't found anything useful yet. It was uncertain if Taehyung was out of the apartment before Jinyoung was killed. Albeit that, Taehyung still remained a prime suspect. But, after the interrogation with the victim's brother, he too felt like a suspect.

They had no idea where the younger was when his brother was brutally murdered. Namjoon didn't ask the other that. He needed to call Jimin for yet another interrogation.

Though as Jimin said, if Jinyoung was the guy he described then Taehyung actually had many reasons to kill him. Jinyoung was a controlling boyfriend with a very possessive nature. The relationship would easily seem toxic to anyone, however he was impressed that Taehyung had put up with Jinyoung's shit for four years.

"Yo boys." A loud voice was heard in the small cubicle which made Jungkook wake up and groan.

"What is it, Kwon?" Namjoon asked.

"Dude. This is important." Kwon said, and both the officers nodded their heads. "Jinyoung's building is the Lotus building. He stays on the fourth floor, right?" He continued.

"Yeah." Jungkook agreed.

"Yup. So. You're not gonna believe this but, there was a robbery at around ten in the adjacent building; the Rose building on the fifth floor. And Jinyoung was also killed the same evening." Kwon briefed them.

"What? Why weren't we informed about this?" Jungkook asked now fully awake.

"I don't know. But my friend works at a local police station. And after he was informed about the murder case he told me about the robbery."

"I see. How are you sure about the timing of the robbery?"

"Look we were there at Jinyoung's place at around twelve so no one would even dare to rob and then the couple came home as soon as we left." Kwon replied.

"Okay okay. Namjoon hyung, look into this more. Maybe the robber has seen who the killer is."

"A gentle reminder. I'll bring the autopsy reports by eight." Kwon said as he stood up to go.

"Yeah with two burgers, thanks in advance." Namjoon smiled at him and the other gave him a thumbs up.

"You're always hungry." Jungkook commented as he was now thinking about the new found information.

"A guy needs to eat." Namjoon stated as he closed the file.

"Yeah an old man like you, definitely needs to eat."

"Hey you stop right there. I'm only two years older than you."

"Yeah yeah. Did you find anything?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing. We need to call Jimin again."

"I think so too, that guy has a lot of information. Call him soon."

"Yes sir." Namjoon now walked back to his own small cubicle taking his nap.

Jungkook sat there processing all the information he had just received. He didn't know if he should ask any further questions to Taehyung.

He was confused about everything. And this was eating him up. He was determined to find the killer soon, so he could sleep peacefully.

-------

Hellooo everyone.
Did you like the chapter?

Also Flowergirl0403 it's you in this chapter. You're married to Lee Yujun don't ask me who it is. I would like to thank you for all your votes and comments my baby bub. You're the cutest. And those who love reading yeonbin books, I'll definitely recommend her book. It is the most amazing I've read. I love you baby bub.❤

And oh my goddddd, the Butter mv. It's soo goooddd. Have you all listened to it yet? I loved it so muchhhh. The choreography, the lyrics, the music everything is amazing. ❤💜

Thank you for reading.

Do not forget to vote and comment if you like the chapter.

You'll can also follow me to stay updated with the chapters.♡♡♡