11

14th February, 2021
16:16

Taehyung doesn't know how long he has been sitting here, in this garden. He came here after he fought with Jimin. The garden is awfully quiet today. Maybe because of Valentine's day. Maybe people are enjoying themselves with their families and loved ones. And he's here crying, how ironic.

Jimin's words hurt him. Well obviously he didn't expect his best friend to put all the blame on him. He just wanted to make the other happy, but now he's here, crying. Oh right. He's crying. He has been crying. It's like that's all he has done these past two days.

Cry.

Poor him, he only wanted to have a happy life. After his parents died, he was always all alone. It seems even today he's alone. There was really no one by his side, since the start. The person he needed the most right now, showed his back.

Plus you're always alone when you need someone.

Jungkook watched him from afar. He has been watching the younger since he came here and cried. He was sitting on a bench, watching the small pond. I know, creepy, but that was his job. It had been three hours and the younger stayed glued to the bench, crying.

He felt devastated to watch the other like this, so he decided to break a rule. He went near him and quietly took his handkerchief and gave it to the younger.

Taehyung was shocked by the sudden appearance of the handkerchief. Oh hell, was the God giving him assurance that everything will be fine. But no, he saw a veiny hand and then saw the familiar face, Jeon Jungkook.

"So I was right, you people were following me." Taehyung chuckled.

"That's my Job, Taehyung."

"Yeah yeah."

It was silent for a minute. Taehyung wiped his tears with Jungkook's handkerchief. And then decided to speak up.

"Want to listen to what happened? You're like the last option I have."

Jungkook took a long breath and sat down beside the other. "Sure."

"That was Jimin's apartment I went to."

"I know."

"Oh shut up. I'm sure you know. Just listen to me."

"Sure."

"So Jeon Jungkook, I went to his apartment to give him gifts. It's Valentine's day, you know? Don't you have a significant other? Why are you working?"

"It's not something that should concern you, Taehyung." Jungkook sighed.

Taehyung huffed, but continued talking.

"I bought us bracelets." Taehyung talked in a pout. And according to the officer, he looked the cutest right now.

"I thought he would be happy. I thought he would like it."

"He didn't?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know. But he wasn't happy. H-he" Taehyung's voice broke down at the end.

"Calm down, take your time."

Taehyung nodded his head. "He accused me."

"Of?"

"Of Jinyoung's death."

It was silent after that. No one dared to speak.

Jungkook was thinking about all the possibilities of how maybe Taehyung could have killed Jinyoung. And why is Jimin always blaming Taehyung? He couldn't help it. His mind was forced to think about the case, the sooner he finds the killer, the better.

Taehyung looked at the officer. "Even you think I killed Jinyoung." He stated.

Jungkook looked at him, but didn't react. What was he supposed to say? He is an officer, he can't forget why he is here in the first place. He was only supposed to follow the younger, keep an eye on him. But currently he's listening to his story, like a friend.

A friend.

"Jimin and I knew each other since we were kids. I always thought he'll never leave me, for anything. But I guess everyone loves to leave me alone. All alone. I never knew having dinner with Jinyoung could change my whole life." Taehyung chuckled with no humor in it.

"I didn't do anything wrong, you know?" Taehyung said again.

Jungkook nodded his head and got up from the bench.

"Taehyung, you're not alone. I know how one night can change your life. Also, it's late, you should head home." He said before leaving the younger and calling Shin to keep an eye on the suspect.

-------x-------

Taehyung reached his apartment a bit late. He wasted his time in the park, thinking about what Jungkook said. He wondered what must've happened with the other to say the last statement.

Although his thoughts were dismissed when he heard the doorbell. And fuck, he shouldn't have opened the door, because it was his worst nightmare happening. His landlord was standing right in front of him.

"Hello, sir." He greeted and welcomed the other in. The landlord politely refused to come in.

"Taehyung, I'll get straight to the point. I can't let a murder suspect stay in my apartment. I'm sorry."

See, that was the nightmare Taehyung was talking about.

"I know sir. But please, at least give me a week."

"I'm sorry Taehyung, but the neighbours have been complaining. They, um, they're scared to live next to you."

And this was the second time, Taehyung got hurt. It was like the universe had conspired against him. All the planets have come together, only to discuss how Taehyung will be hurt today. He wondered what the remaining day would bring him.

"I want you to move out first thing in the morning. Consider yourself lucky that I'm giving you the night." The landlord stated and left. Leaving Taehyung a crying mess, again.

Taehyung had now started packing. He doesn't know where he would go, so he decided to stay in a motel until he finds an apartment. Motels were cheap and he would move early in the morning tomorrow. And for today, just for today he slept in his bed, in his room, in his comfortable apartment knowing he won't see it all tomorrow.

-------

Hey everyone. How are you'll?

So this game is simple, I'll ask you three questions and yes I'll answer those questions too.

1. What's your most favorite book on wattpad?
-Mine is slipstream by Perfect_Memory

2. What's your favorite pick up line?
-Mine is '"Are you wifi? Cuz I'm totally feeling the connection"

3. Lastly, what is your favorite genre?
-I love romance, thriller and horror.

That's all.

Thank you for reading.♡