A Girl

(Y/N) POV

I was walking the streets of Vale. My legs were tired, my eyes were tired...my everything was tired.

I just had to get out of that house...it was painful.

I kept my eyes glued to the street. I've been abused my entire life. I have a talent for reading people's minds...or it's not a talent, it's my semblance.

When I was younger, I exposed my father to the police. He was human trafficking, I would have never known if I didn't have this ability. My mother beat me for putting my father into a jail cell.

And here I am, age 10, wandering the streets.

"So cold," I shiver as I entire a dark alleyway.

I look for anything that could be of use, jackets, blankets...food.

I was truly a lost kid. I had no clue where to go or what to do. I had barely even seen the outside world after dad got arrested.

And here I am...wondering the streets alone.

I exited the alleyway after finding nothing useful. As I walked down the streets I felt someone tap my back.

I turned around to see a middle aged woman, she had brown hair and looked really nice

"Do you need some help young man?" She asks me

"Yea," I mutter as I look into her eyes

"I'll take care of you, just follow me," she says as I read her mind

Look at this brat! He would make a good plaything....hehahhahehehaha...I'm getting excited.

"Lead the way," I mutter as she starts walking. I take this chance to disappear from her sights.

Crazy woman....absolutely crazy.

I continue walking down the alley. I couldn't see anything as I tripped on something soft.

I face-planted into the pavement as I grunt in pain

"Stupid little thing," I say as I kick the thing I tripped on. When the kick connected I heard someone moan in pain

"Oh, crap, sorry!" I say as I track down the figure.

"I didn't know you were lying on the ground," I say as there's no response.

"Hello?" I ask as I feel someone moving. They grabbed me gently as they pulled on me a bit, probably to help them sit up straight

"Are you ok?" I ask as the person taps my arm twice.

"Can you hear me?" I ask as they tap once

"Can you talk?" I say as I get another two taps

"So one tap for yes, and two for no?" I ask as the person taps once. I'm guessing that's a yes.

"Ok, I'll get you to some light," I say as I feel the person up. They didn't seem very heavy. I picked them up relatively easily even though I'm tired.

I found the nearest light source, it was a tiny lamp that lit up some of the alleyway

Once I got to it, I looked at the person I was carrying.

It was definitely a girl, she had short hair. But she was covered in bruises and very dirty.

"I'm setting you down now," I say as I lean her up against the wall. I made eye connect with her

It hurts. It hurts. It hurts.... it hurts so bad

I feel my entire body fill up with pain as I fall back. One thing about reading minds...I can feel their emotions too.

The girl was sad...and very lonely

I started thinking about where I could wash her up. Where is the nearest pond?

"Hey, I'm gonna look for something," I say as I turn to go. She barely grabs my coat trying to catch my attention.

I looked into her eyes as I prepare to be encompassed in pain

Don't leave me...I don't want to be alone again

"It's ok, I won't leave you," I say as she looks surprised.

I go back to sitting down as we study each other.

From her size, I'd guess she was my age.

"Do you think you'll be able to walk with my help?" I ask as she nods her head yes.

"Come here," I say as I sling her arm around my shoulder and we walk out the alley. Thank god it was night, there's not a lot of people walking the streets.

I finally tracked down a pond.

"Here, it'll get cold fast, but you need to wash up," I say as she follows me

"Can you wash yourself?" I ask as she nods and takes a dip in the pond. I cringe a little as her clothes get wet.

Her skin started to clear up and it was pale. She washed her hair and it was a mix of pink, brown and white streaks.

She also washed her face and I was a little shocked by how cute she was...why would someone like her be in that alley and that dirty?

Eventually, she stopped and approached me shivering

"Here," I say as I take off my coat to hand it to her.

She didn't take the coat, instead, she fell into my chest and curled up. She was shaking in my arms.

"I'll warm you up," I whisper into her ear as I lay my coat over us.

She wrapped her arms around me as her shaking decreased.

What happened to this girl? Was she abused like I was?

I lay here as I hold this fragile girl in my arms

"Everything will be alright," I mutter

"Everything will be alright," I repeat