Old Memories

(Y/N) POV 8 years ago

"Mom, please stop!" I cry out as she beats me.

"It's your fault! It's all your fault!" She yells as I feel every last kick. Every last punch. And every last insult.

The physical pain wasn't near as bad as the emotional one.

But sometimes..the silence was worse.

I hate you. I hate you, I hate you

Silence was a sign from her telling me to read her mind. Her hatred toward me hit me the hardest. The pure anger she had for me was unbearable...I didn't...no I couldn't believe that she had this much hatred toward me.

"You're the reason why he is gone! If only you kept your little mouth shut!" She kicks me

"I'm sorry Momma...I'm really sorry," I plead but to avail. She beat me all night, every night

Currently

"(Y/N)," Neo says shaking me awake

"Do you need me?" I ask her as my eyes slowly and painfully open.

She smiles when I fully open them.

"You fell asleep on the bullhead...we are almost there," she says as she fondles my hair.

"What happened in your dream?" She suddenly asks as I look out the window.

"Ummm?" I was surprised.

"You were crying in your sleep, you can't hide it from me," Neo says with a reassuring look on her face.

"Thanks...just remembering my life before I met you," I say smiling.

"Was it better...worse?" She asks playfully

"Living with you was definitely better," I say with a smile.

Neo tugged on my shirt a little and kissed me.

"Whatever happens today...we are in it together," she says

"Yeah," I say a lot more confidently now than I was an hour ago.

We left Beacon about 4 hours ago. Due to my new skill of transporting information to other people, I was able to transfer the dream to Kelly without sounding like a crazy nut case and here we are!

Flying to a location that took me 17 days to walk to Vale from when I was 10.

I look around and see David on his scroll...probably looking at pictures of Velvet...he has bitten the L bullet hard with that girl.

As for Indigo, she sits beside a young boy. He's name is Oscar.

Originally I only wanted team MIND to tag along, but I guess Oscar is pretty skilled at fighting despite his age. Kelly seemed pretty sure of herself to send him over...he is weird

He acts normal...but little things that I've caught him doing.

Like talking to himself...it's weird.

Oh did I mention...I can't read his mind...Yeah...red flag.

The only two people I know that I couldn't read their minds were Ozpin and Katherine...both of which tried to kill me.

I keep my eyes planted on him as the bullhead bounces and twists from turbulence.

He looks uncomfortable under my glaze...I mean anyone would.

"Arriving," the Pilot announces up front.

Soon after, the bullhead stops on the ground with a jolt.

"We have arrived...in the grand city of nothing," I joke as I step out.

Before me was a small town...maybe 20 houses at most.

"You think she is still here?" Neo asks me

"Yeah...I don't know how...but I'm sure of it," I tell her

"Let's get a move on," Indigo says, a little excited. Poor girl, she's been cooped up at Beacon doing nothing. David is with Velvet half the time, and me and Neo are off doing our own thing.

She must be excited to go on another trip with us.

"My house is this way," I say quietly. It felt weird saying my house...I mean I haven't been here for over 7 years.

I lead them to my old house. The village barely changed. I was the only kid in the town, the rest were middle aged folk who wanted to get away from the bigger towns and cities...it's pretty quiet out here.

The Grimm aren't present in this area of the woods, but if a Grimm does ever wander into the village, there's always a hunter or huntress waiting for them.

We turned a corner and my house came into view.

My stomach drops as memories flood back...memories of my horrible childhood.

I froze. I could 've moved forward, I didn't want to move forward.

I felt something warm slip into my hand. I look and Neo is staring at me with her gorgeous eyes.

"Together," she says smiling. I nod.

"Thank you," I say as I step forward with confidence.

Why did the white man tell me to visit my parents? Why would he do that if it held no meaning?

I mean, I doubt he would have me do this for no reason...right?

We reached the door and I got ready to knock.

I squeeze Neo's hand as she looks at me.

"I'm with you all the way," she reassures me.

The next three knocks were the loudest in the town.

They were normal knocks, but they sounded super loud in the silent town.

The door opened. My heart started beating quicker.

What will her response be? Will she be scowling at me?

Will she hit me?

I dread the moment I will find out.

The door opens fully, revealing the person behind it.

She was shorter than me, an older looking woman but she still looked pretty.

Her long faded (H/C) hair tousled in the wind as the outside air rushed past her into the house.

I look at her face.

A smile and wet eyes were the last things I expected to greet me.

Edited by
@NightTheDivineRose