I have a what!

(Y/N) POV

"Come here son"

"What do you want pa?" A 4 year old me asks

"Listen here...your special son...people will come after you...you'll see their initial intents...but don't like that fool you...some are good at hiding their true nature...even from themselves. Dad won't always be here to protect you,"

"What do you mean?" I ask him

"What I mean is...be careful. I won't always be around to help you when people misguide you...as such, use that special ability to focus on people's mind...don't let the clutter in the brain mislead you. Focus on their core thoughts,"

"Ok dad," I mutter

"Read my mind,"

Protect your mother when I'm gone

I felt a warm hand surrounding my own...her hands were smaller then mine.

"Your awake!" Neo says as she looks at me.

"What happened?" I ask as I feel a headache

"You fainted," Neo says as I look around.

"Yeah, I know, what happened after that," I say a little snarly.

Neo looks at me surprised.

"I'm sorry...I just had a weird dream," I say as she raises her brow.

"What was it about?" She asks me as I look at her and transfer the information over.

She looked shocked when I first started...but then she realized what was happening and calmed down.

"Is it a memory?" Neo asks

"It never happened in real life," I point out as a voice erupts in the room.

"It probably did," A woman's voice says as I turn to the direction.

My mother was standing there with a soft look in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask defensively.

"I've already explained it to your friends..,it might be easier for you if they tell you it," she says with a sad look in her eyes.

Indigo walked into the room with David and Oscar in tow.

She explained everything, the memory manipulation, and the fact that Ozpin has known me for a lot longer then we initially believed.

"How did Ozpin know me?" I ask as my mother appears again.

"I've wondered that too," she says

"Speaking of which? How is he doing? You guys are from Beacon right?" She asks

"Ozpin tried to killed me," I say flatted as she looked at me confused

"What do you mean?" She asks confused

"He tried to take my semblance away...which woulda killed me," I tell her as she looked even more shocked.

"He wouldn't do that...," she says as her voice gets quieter.

"He did it to save the world...that was his excuse at least," I say as as she look at the ground.

"He tricked me....he tricked me into giving up my sons childhood for the betterment of everyone," she says in a barely audible tone.

"That aside...I was told to come here," I tell her as she looks up at me.

My heart skips a beat when our eyes lock on to each other.

I lost so many years with my son...and for what? For him to almost get killed...I'm a terrible parent...John...I'm sorry I couldn't protect him from the very thing you feared so much.

I snap away from her eyes

"Who told you to come here?" She asks me as I shrug

"I've been having dreams...dreams of a pure white man from the future," I tell her.

"Really?" She asks as I nod

"Yes," I mutter

"Your friends said that you can transmit memories...can you show me it?" She asks me.

I looked at Neo conflicted as to what to do.

"She's trustworthy...if you haven't already noticed," Neo says with that bright smile of hers.

I look at Mother and then I do it.

Almost instantly she looked like she understands.

"That man," she begins

"Said our parents," she says as Indigo nods.

"I caught that too...I just didn't want to jump to conclusions," Indigo says as I look at her confused

"Jump to want?" I ask her

"Either, that white man is the future you...or, you have a sibling," she says looking at mom.

Mother nods as I felt heartbreak rip through her head.

"It's true," she begins.

"What?" I ask as she hesitates.

"Our family...or my family...has a special trait...similar to the Schnee family, whose family trait is ice...my families trait is Mind semblances," she begins

"Go on?" Indigo says interested

"My semblance is Memory manipulation...I can change someone's view of the past. (Y/N)s clearly is Mind transfer...or the ability to see what's going on in someone else's head. And his brother, Carter, was the ability to materialize in someone's mind...as a white figure at any point in time," she finishes.

"So he does have a sibling," Indigo says looking at me.

"Where is he?" I ask as she looks even more sad.

"He disappeared...a long time ago," she says as Indigo looks at her

"You said that Carters ability was that he is to materialize in someone's head at ANY POINT OF TIME," Indigo says making sure we heard that last bit

"Yes," Mother says

"Does that mean that he can do it whenever he wants...or does that mean that he can do it at any point of the receivers life?" She asks

"Both statements are correct...the only thing is...he can only materialize in one persons head...ever. The first person he did it to was (Y/N)...so he is the only one he can do it to," she explains as Indigo nods understandingly.

"So...our next goal is finding him?" I ask as Indigo nods

"Yes...it's clear the white man...or Carter sent us here to find this out," she says

"Any clue as to where he is?" David speaks for the first time since I woke up.

"No...I don't," Mother says

Salem

"Salem," I suddenly say as Oscar looks at me

"Repeat that?" He asks me

"Salem...the name just popped up in my head," I say as Indigo nods

"That musta been him telling us where he is," she says

"We need to track down Salem now,"