Teamwork

(Y/N) POV

"So do this to the tree?" I ask as I extract sap from a tree...or is it honey?

"Yep, just like that," Indigo says as she does the same.

We all were on a trip to collect samples from a forest. We had our combat gear with us since there's a possibility we might encounter Grim.

"So....were done now right?" I ask as I look to see Neo dip her finger into the liquid and tastes it. She makes a disgusted face and looks at me

"I'll stick to ice cream," she says bitterly as I chuckle

"Neo doesn't like it," I tell Indigo and David.

"She certainly has a sweet tooth, I'm surprised she doesn't like it," David says as Neo blushes...it certainly wasn't a secret she liked ice cream.

"Anyway, we better head back, I'd rather not use this," David says patting a giant battle-axe on his back....it was just super big. Easily bigger than Neo...by a lot.

David's semblance might seem weak at first glance...but when you consider he can literally make mostly anything he touches disappear...it is pretty good.

I asked him about the limitations of it, he told me he couldn't hide anything that had more weight than he had. So he is basically limited to things that are lighter than he is.

Along with only being able to hide things his own weight, when he hides something, its weight is added to his own.

So for him, building muscle and getting his weight up makes him able to hide more things and also more muscle means he will be able to comfortably be able to pack that extra weight.

As for Indigo. She uses a heavy mace. With her strength semblance, it boosts her strength by a factor of 10...so when she uses it she can literally move mountains.

With a heavy long mace...I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

Neo of course had her weaponized umbrella and I had my sword.

Of my 3 teammates, I'm definitely the weakest one. Despite my ability to learn techniques instantly. I still have a hard time changing the styles to fit my body.

We walked back and there it was...a Beowolf.

"It's our lucky day," Indigo says as she grabs her mace. It still looked strange to me to see a relatively skinny girl grabbing a 150-pound mace and spinning it like a top

David grabbed his axe and the pair dashed toward the Grimm at fast speed. Indigo reached it first, and gave it a heavy hit across the face with her mace. David used his semblance on his axe and jumped.

When he soared over the grim. He made a quick swinging motion with his hands and just before the point of contact, his mace appeared and cut through the Grimms neck like butter.

The body decayed as we looked for more....there was.

We split into pairs. David and Indigo, and then me and Neo.

I used past knowledge I've gathered from everyone to determine the best way to kill the creatures.

Neo jumped around like a cat as she confused the Grimm. Once they lost sight of her, she would strike using the spear at the tip of her umbrella to pierce the Grimm.

I charged the Grimm. Unlike David, I was a lot smaller than he was. I slide under the Grimm and cut its underside out as it dies.

I turn my attention to the next one as it dashes toward me.

I charge it to with my sword pointed toward it. At the last minute, I ducked out of the way but kept my sword in front of the Grimm. Its momentum carried it into my blade as it scrambled to bite me. It falls and decays as Neo finishes the last one she had.

"Not bad," she says as our eyes lock

"I've learned a thing or two," I say as we regroup with David and Indigo

"That wasn't too bad," David says as he puts his axe back

"Easy targets," Indigo says with a smirk.

We returned to school and went on with our day.

Knotavin: sorry for the delayed and short update, but hoped you all enjoyed it.