Hope

(Y/N) POV

Her hand was so small

Her soft skin was cold to the touch...it was giving off no heat.

At first, I was scared to open my eyes and see her dead.

But a faint pulse in her waist calmed me down.

I open my eyes and Neo is still sleeping...still in her coma.

I wanted her to open her eyes so badly...but her chances were against her.

1/1000000000, chance she will wake up as she is right now.

"(Y/N), you need to go to beacon and get some actual rest. Plus, the hospital staff are tired of feeding you," Indigo says as she notices I'm awake.

It's been 3 days since the incident and I've been by Neo's side the whole time.

I haven't had a good night's sleep for ages. The uncomfortable position I sleep in cancels out any shut-eye I get in.

"I don't wanna leave her," I protest as Indigo glares at me.

"Listen, David is being discharged today. Plus, you might be able to ask Ozpin if he knows anything," she says looking at me

He needs to get cleaned up...he looks like a mess. Plus, Ozpin knows a lot of people, maybe he can point us in the direction of someone who can help

"Ok, but only for the day," I say as she smiles

"Great, David has been dying to see Velvet, they didn't let anyone other than his team or family visit him," Indigo tells me trying to make conversation.

"Oh," I mutter. I won't lie, I've been detached from reality in the past few days.

The girl I grew up with, the girl I liked...hell the girl I love, is gone now...

The doc made it clear that she basically wouldn't wake up...that's how low her chances are.

I don't know if I've accepted it, or maybe I'm dreaming....god I hope I'm dreaming.

"(Y/N), nice to see you up and moving," David says as we approach the front doors of the hospital.

"Yea, congrats on being released," I say not really sure what to say to him.

"Man, I can't wait to see Velvet," he says dreaming.

We boarded a bullhead and flew to beacon.

The ride was quiet.

I look at the plane...if only I hadn't taken the flight to Vale that day..none of this would happen.

If I didn't want to avoid Team RWBY so bad this wouldn't have happened.

If I didn't keep a secret from Neo this wouldn't have happened.

It's all my fault. I was the reason why she was there in the first place...how stupid can I be!

Indigo must have seen my frustration as she started talking with me

"Neo will be fine, I'm sure of it," she says I smile faintly.

"Yea," I agree with her.