Chapter 32 King of the Giants

No one's POV

As everyone had reached the entrance to the dungeon, Zora noticed that both Rio and Yui were looking down.

Zora: What's wrong girls?

Rio: Me and Yui have a feeling that there is a lot more in stake here than we think. This will require some explaining. While all VR MMO is originate from the Seed program, there's a differences between them and Alfheim Online. You see, a strip down version of the Cardinal System runs the other active VR MMOs, but the one that operates this game is a copy of the full spec version, that ran Sword Art Online.

Zora: Full spec version?

Yui: The Original Cardinal System had a feature that could Automatically Generate Quest. It gathers legends and folklore from around the world via the network, whose proper nouns and story patterns it uses and adapts to generate infinite quest.

Kirito: How about this quest then? Is it Auto-generated by Cardinal too?

Yui: After seeing how that NPC was acting just now, I have a feeling it is. If that is the case here, then no matter what you do this quest will end the same way the Myth does. Just now, I run a quick check on my archives, according to my data in taking into account the Norse Mythology ALO is based on, this quest must end in the Final war of it. The Frost Giants from Jotunheim and Niflheim...aren't the only one that want to attack Arun. Bellow Niflheim is a fiery realm called Muspelheim, where the Flame Giants live, according to the Myth, they will attack the World Tree and burn it to the ground.

Philia: The Twilight of the Gods... Ragnarok!

Leafa: That's impossible! There's no way that the game system would totally destroy its own maps... It can't possibly...

Rio: I'm sorry but there is no mistake about it. The Cardinal System has the authority to destroy its map system if it wants. We know this because the Original Cardinal System last task was destroying Aincrad, the floating castle of Sword Art Online.

Leafa: No way...

Liz: There goes my BlackSmith shop!

Klien: There go my chances of ever meeting my soulmate.

Sinon: Even is this Ragnarok things happens and it all deletes, can the server be roll back the way it was from the back up system?

Rio: The system has an auto backup feature, but those files won't help. It only saves player data, not field data, so you can't restore everything.

Everyone then looked down and Klien spoke up.

Klien: Oh I got it!

Klien tried to contact the GM but couldn't.

Klien: I don't got it...

Liz: You can say that again...

Klien: Stop harassing me. I was trying to call a GM to see if knew anything about this... Ain't happening now, it's after hours, and the support is close.

Kirito: That figures, it's Sunday morning just before New Years.

Leafa: Sora, Kazuto... we are running out of time.

Leafa shows the pendant and saw that the light was fading away.

Zora: Right. Let's hurry and get to the last level!

Everyone: Right!

(Timeskip)

After making their way through the dungeon, everyone started taking out monsters and they were currently being blocked by two bulls, one black and one gold. The black one was at the back healing the gold bull.