Chapter 54 Departure

No one's POV

Currently, the Goblins are making their way towards Zora and Eugeo and he was still completely terrified and Zora was trying to get him to listen and he grabbed him and pulled him behind some ice pillars and covered his mouth.

Zora: Eugeo, get a hold of yourself!

Eugeo started to calm down and Zora took his hand off his mouth.

Zora: Eugeo, we have to save Selka. Can you do this?

Zora heard him murmur in the affirmative. As he expected, reserved and gentle Eugeo had a strong core.

Zora: When I count to three, we'll rush the front four with a body slam. We're bigger than them, so we can win as long as we don't falter. Then I'll knock the left fire into the pond, and you do the right. Don't lose your glowing grass. When the fires are out, pick up a sword and guard my back. You don't have to beat them if you don't need to. I'll work on taking out the big guy.

Eugeo:...I've never swung a sword.

Zora: It's just like an ax. Here goes...one, two, three!

They got a perfect start, racing down the ice without slipping. Zora could only pray that luck held out to the very end of this maneuver.

Zora: Raaaaah!!

A moment later, Zora heard Eugeo echo, "Waaah!" It was a bit more like a scream, but it did the trick. The four goblins stopped, their yellow eyes bulging. Then again, their surprise may have had more to do with the "Ium younglings" engaging in a suicide charge, rather than the ferocity of our yelling.

At the tenth step, Zora sank down, lowered his right shoulder, and charged like a football tackler for the gap between the leftmost goblin and the one next to him. Thanks to the size difference and element of surprise, he knocked both onto their backs, where they slid across the ice, arms wheeling. To the right, Eugeo's tackle was equally effective, sending the other two spinning like turtles in their shells.

They continued toward the goblin force, picking up momentum. Fortunately, their reaction time was poor, and most of them, including the captain, were still staring at us in shock.

Zora(mind): That's right, keep gaping...

Zora thought savagely, racing through the goblin ranks toward the final few yards. Just then, the goblin captain showed off the intelligence that separated him from the others and snarled.

Goblin Leader: Don't let them near the—

But he was just a bit too late. Eugeo and Zora leaped onto the fire braziers, kicking them over toward the water. The flames plunged into the black water, shooting up a cloud of sparks and emitting white steam where they fell. For a moment, the dome was totally dark—until a faint white light pushed back the blackness. It was coming from the cattail in Eugeo's left hand.

Then the second stroke of luck occurred. The crowd of goblins all around erupted into shrieks. Some covered their faces, while others turned away and cowered. Across the pond, even the goblin leader was leaning back, holding out his hand to shield his eyes.

Eugeo: Zora...What is this...?

Zora: I think...they're weak to that light. Now's our chance!

From the piles strewn around the pond, Zora picked up a crude longsword that was more like a flat sheet of metal, as well as a scimitar with a heavy tip. He pressed the latter of the two into Eugeo's free hand.

 He pressed the latter of the two into Eugeo's free hand