12

Third Person POV:

FLASHBACKS:

Taehyung had expected everything.

As some of you might've guessed already, his life was pretty unpredictable. He had never been at ease. Even in his subconscious state, he would always be at alert.

Life had some sort of grudge against him, never wanting him to live a day without worrying to such an extent that he had to physically restrain from wanting to just end it all. All at once.

Despite going through all that, he had never, not even in his darkest dreams guessed that Jackson would be here standing in front of him, rage written all over his face.

One of his hand grabbing Taehyung's collar, messing his neatly pressed shirt, but his attire was the only thing he could care about at that moment.

He had ever so desperately wanted to visit his hyung's grave but among all his mixed feelngs, he had somehow forgotten how not even a day of his went by calmly.

In today's case, the harsh waves that wrecked his boat every now and then were in the form of Jackson, none other than his hyung's younger brother.

Jackson and him had had a well... complex past. Taehyung practically lived at their house since he was a toddler, Jackson's older brother and Taehyung were super close. He was closer to him than his biological uncle who was raising him at that time.

Naturally, he became close to Jackson and his best friend Bogum over the years, the four of them living their best lives in Daegu. Laughing,crying, playing, sleeping, eating, they did everything together.

At some point in his life, Taehyung had been called a gold digger by some Jerks. He didn't know what it meant but it definetly didn't mean something good, he was young but not stupid.

To explain it, Jackson and his brother were filthy rich, the Wang family rolled in money. His hyung had a thing for buying Taehyung crazy expensive gifts, from pretty shirts to School stuff, he bought it all.

Taehyung had told him and Jackson multiple times not to do that but hell they cared. The simple insults on the streets quickly evolved to him getting bullied for it at school. It wasn't until he had beg-cried in front of his Hyung to not spend his money on him, did they stop.

Yet the bullying continued, he was an easy target. As long as there was no one around him belonging to the Wang Family, he would get beaten up. He tried to inform the administration but after a few weeks of suspension, they would be back to stage one.

So he just started to cope with it, in his own way. He knew in his heart that it was so wrong, he had been told countless times that how selfish and harmful was self-harm, yet he didn't stop.

At the age of fifteen, he gave up.

Although the black-haired male knew his limits, he would try his best to only cut once a week. Only in worst cases did it become twice or thrice. It was rare though.

Jackson's brother tried his very best to help him. Taehyung was so grateful to him. They would spend their weekends together, going to a farmhouse the Wang family owned.

He loved spending time with them. Taehyung felt like he could be himself with them and not hide behind the facade he put up almost every day after exiting the front door of his small house.

But...

One dark, gloomy day... It happened. That was the changing point in his life. If he cut once a week before, after it had happened, the cutting was ever so familiar to him, the cuts were evident than ever.