20

Oh hey ☺️ Its been too long...

Nelli's Perspective:

"Shut up Nelli the baby is sleeping." Emmanuel spat as he rocked Sie to sleep. He stood up to  bring him upstairs in his room. I followed behind him because we're definitely not finished talking. Emmanuel put Isaiah down and tried to get ready for bed.

"Come back downstairs Im not finished with you."

He looked at me and scoffed. That angered me even more than what he had done before.

"The fuck you mean hmph come downstairs Emmanuel. I am not repeating myself" I said folding my arms. He looked me up and down then proceeded to attempt to turn on his ps4.

"Alright then." I left the room with rage bubbling inside of me. Theres not a soul on this earth that can get me angry the way Emmanuel does. I need to leave before I go mad. I went downstairs putting on my shoes and getting ready to leave. I booked my cab which was 11 minutes away. I waited patiently downstairs in the dark until I saw the car headlights light up the room. As soon as I got that notification, I crept upstairs and Emmanuel was laying there playing his stupid games. I picked up my baby and I went downstairs. I left out the front door and shut the door behind me quietly.

Minutes later, I reached my destination. I walked in through the hotel doors and to the reception. "What room is Marie Michelle Saint-Juste in?" I asked.

"Who are you to this resident?" The receptionist questioned with the most unbothered expression on her face.

"Her daughter." I replied. The receptionist looked shocked and went back to her computer.

"I'll call her down for you." She picked her phone and rang up to her room. "Miss. SJ, You have a visitor. Her name is..." She looked at me. "Quinelle." I answered. "Her name is Quinelle... Alright... I'll send her up then." The receptionist put the call down and gave me the room number. She buzzed me in through the doors and I went to the lift. This place was so secure, there were so many doors that you had to buzz to get into, so many camera's. I got up to the 4th floor and went to room number 412. I knocked lightly and seconds later... she was there.

It's like I was looking at my future self but this was definitely not what I aspired to be like but she was beautiful. She looked healthy, way better than the last time I saw her. A tall, slim yet curvy woman. Dark skinned with slender eyes , full luscious lips. Her hair was cornrowed into a bun, it looked clean just like her neatly groomed eyebrows. Her smile raised from ear to ear when she saw me. Tears ran down her face, my eyes watered. She threw herself on me. Giving me the biggest hug. I could only hug her back with one hand, I was still holding my sleeping 6 month old.

"Come in Nelli, I've missed you so much." She wiped her tears and led me to her bed. Her room was cute. She decorated it like a modern day apartment with the whole black and white theme with accents of grey. She had a picture put up on her night stand of me, Vianni, Glory and Kinglsey in primary school. I was in Year 1, Vianni was in reception, Glory was in year 3 and Kinglsey was in year 6. We were all such cute kids. She had it right next to her lamp. So she'd probably see it every night. I looked around further and she had cut out Kingsley and Glory's mugshots from newspapers and hung it up on her corkboard. She had gotten Vianni's last picture from year 11 and hung it up to. Im not sure why she found this picture of me but it was one I had posted on my facebook the last time I went on there just to update my socials. I sat down laying Isaiah on the bed beside me so he could continue sleeping. She came from her little kitchen area with a mug of warm hot chocolate. Whipped cream and caramel sauce just like I loved it. I felt like crying. I took a sip of it and it was perfect. I put it down beside me and threw my arms over her. I broke down in tears. She was lowkey a wotless mum but she is still my mum. My love for her will always be different no matter how selfish she is or was. People can change but it doesn't mean Im going to forget everything she's done. We sat there until the sun rose talking and talking about everything. What it was like when she was in jail, how she got here, why my brothers are in jail, my love life, vianni, Isaiah, everything. Even what happened with Dad. She told me she's been clean for quite sometime. I'm really proud of her.

It was about 8am at this point I hadn't slept. I hadn't brought Sie a bottle or any nappies. I need to get back before he wakes up. I said goodbye to my mum and I gave her one last hug before getting in my cab. I finally checked my notifications and Emmanuel was blowwwinggg me up from a few minutes after I left the house till about 20 minutes ago. He was really up all night. Great, that means I dont have to deal with him until he wakes up. I got home and I went to put Isaiah in the crib downstairs. I tried to go to the kitchen  then...

"Where have you been?" Emmanuel asked staring deep into my soul with his red eyes. He looked tired. I looked at him and scoffed. I continued making my baby his bottle till Emmanuel snatched the baby formula out of my hand.

Emmanuel- I asked you a fucking question Nelli.

Me- And I asked you a million questions last night did you answer any of them?

Emmanuel- Lower your voice for starters.

Me- Shut up Emmanuel

Emmanuel- Don't tell me to shut up Quinelle.

Me- But I did, so do it.

Emmanuel- I don't know what bitch boys you've been chatting to or whoever you fucked last night that gassed you up like this but remember how you fucking speak to me. Do you understand?

I rolled my eyes.

Emmanuel-  Answer when I speak to you

Me- Stop tryna pattern me like Im your child Emmanuel. Your child is in the living room. Talk to him like that, not me cos I swear you are not my dad.

Emmanuel- But if I bent you over right now on this kitchen table you'd call me daddy.

Me- Oh fuck off Emmanuel.

I snatched back the formula and tried to make Sie's bottle. "It's rude to snatch" He snatched it back so I slapped it out of his hand, spilling it all over him.

Emmanuel- Nelli don't make me regret picking you over Vanessa.

Me- Go fucking pick her then you piece of shit

Emmanuel- Rah so that boy last night really gassed you?

He paused for a second. I was about to answer but he started laughing. Oh no

"Go get a DNA test."

I looked at him with my mouth hung open.

I walked away from him. We did not speak for the whole day. Not a single word, I'd feel him look at me here and there but I did not look at him. His mum spoke to me though. She asked me how we got like this. We were never like this before. Its true we weren't I dont know what happened.