16

Nelli's perspective:

So me and Emmanuel had fallen into the strange habit of waiting up for each other if we got back late. We've been getting along. Nothing inappropriate, well not on my part anyways.

Me- Im gonna get home at like 12 latest. Its my friends birthday and we're throwing him a little surprise.

Emmanuel- What you wearing?

Me- Jeans and a crop top

Emmanuel- Wow, first time you've worn trousers this summer

Me- Oh shut up.

A few hours passed and I left to go pick up a birthday cake then to my friends house... it was Izzy. I didn't tell Emmanuel for obvious reason. I do feel kinda bad but we've moved past that.

I went to Izzy's front door and his mum was waiting for me. She took the cake box out of my hand, so I went back to the car to get his present. Izzy's mum told me to go upstairs to sort out his gifts then to come downstairs and help her.

I put all his shoe boxes on the bed in 3 neat rows. I put my present in the centre of the bed. I waited patiently for him to come home. When he was at the door his mum told me to open it.

"What you doing here? My mum will move so mad if she sees you" His eyes darted around while looking to see if his mum was there.

"Izzy how the hell do you think I got in here? Come upstairs I need to show you something" I said while tugging his hand. He shut the door behind him. I took him to his room and his face lit up. The expression on his face was priceless. Before we could even turn around we heard singing coming from the stairs moving closer towards us. His mum was holding the cake that I had got him with a sparkler in every corner, then a 2 and a 1 in the centre just above his picture.

"Aww thank you mum" He said through the smile he had ever since he saw his room. He blew his candles and his mum made him hold the cake so she could take a picture. I moved aside but she waved me to get in too. I didnt even get to see the picture but I could tell I hated it.

She went downstairs to finish cooking. I sat with Izzy opening his presents.

"No ones ever done something this nice for me on my brithday" He looked at me with such... I don't know what to call it but it just warmed my heart knowing that I made my mate this happy. He finally got to my present and he was so happy that I got him this ugly bag that he's been dreaming about because it was sold out everywhere we looked.

"Honestly thank you so much. You're one of the best friends I've ever had" He smiled at me and we locked eyes. He moved closer towards me and I felt myself moving towards him too. We were inches away from each others face. I couldn't help it but we both broke out in laughter.

"Naahhh" We said in unison. We laughed moving back to our original spaces. We went downstairs for dinner, a few of his family members came over to celebrate. His family is crazy. They're some serious alcoholics. They forced me to drink. At first, I tried to lie saying Im breast feeding but I lacked when I told them how old Sie was. They said it was fine because he shouldn't even still be getting breastfed. I was so drunk at one point in the night I blinked and I was naked in Izzy's room. Not completely naked, I was in my underwear. I felt myself pulling his covers back to attempt to get in his bed but I fell? He helped me up and into the bed before turning off the light then getting in the bed. My head was spinning so he held me close. I found my phone somewhere beside as Sentishe was calling me.

Sen- You coming home tonight?

Me- Nooooo If Emans gone out can you, can you... can you babysit for me?