6

Nelli's perspective:

I woke up with a serious headache. I was in pain. I sat up and I saw Emmanuel sleeping beside me. Unbelievable. I thought I saw him die? I feel like I've been lied to, he was alive this whole time.  I get so angry when I think about it. I mean Im happy he's back but how can he lie like that?

I brushed it off and limped my crippled self to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. My face was swollen, around my nose and eyes. If I thought my eyes were small before, they barely look open right now. The sight of my face made me wanna cry but I've been doing way too much of that recently. This world just doesn't wanna see me happy, does it? I got myself cleaned up and took the twins to school. When I got home Sie was still asleep next to Emmanuel on the bed. I picked him up, to get him ready to leave. I put him in his coat and shoes. He was still fast asleep. I ran downstairs quickly to make him a bottle so that he wouldn't wake up. 

I saw Aunty Angela in the living room with a whole bunch of clients. She saw me limping past the door and she came out to speak to me.

"How did you sleep?" She asked while giving me a warm smile. Her smile angered me but I didn't want to disrespect her.

"Why didn't you tell me about Emmanuel?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Nelli, I honestly am. I just couldn't say anything." She said while reaching out to hug me. I moved back a little bit and she looked hurt.

"I need to go now." I mumbled.

"Leave Sie here, I'll bring him back later on. You need some time to yourself" She looked at me with so much pity in her eyes. The last thing I need is people feeling sorry for me.

"Thanks" I spoke quietly and went back upstairs. Both boys were still asleep and I gave Sie a peck on the lips before I left.

My train journey home was silent. I had nothing but my thoughts to keep me company.  I have this mans name and birthday on my skin, looking back I feel kinda stupid doing that but hey... it looks nice. I feel so deceived, he was so close to home but so far away. Every time me and Aunty A spoke about him she knew the whole time he wasn't dead. I must be some sort of prick. Anyways that aside for now, I cant get in my own house?

I searched high and low for the spare key and I found it under Vianni's shoe. It defo smells why did he put it there? I unlocked the door and I got the eerie feeling that I wasn't alone. I went into every single room but no one was there. I went into the living room and I almost pissed myself. Sus was sitting infront of the balcony door staring at me.

"Where have you been?" He questioned me without moving, not even blinking. 

"What are you doing here?" I really wasn't in the mood for anything right now.

"I asked you a question."

"Yeah and I asked you one too"

"Nelli do not give me attitude"

"Ouu you gonna headbutt me again? Or throw a bottle at me? I can't wait" He looked at me with nothing but anger in his eyes. Why do I always do this? I'm provoking a situation but I honestly cant help it. He was just staring at me, he looks nothing like the man I allegedly fell in love with. I shook my head in disappointment.

"Yeah I just might. Now tell me where the fuck you were? Dont lie either I've been here all night."  He said with so much frustration in his voice. He stood up and walked towards me. He was in my face and he's not much taller than me so we were looking dead into each others faces.

"I was at Sie's grandma's house" My voice  slightly shook as my bottom lip quavered . I could feel the tears forming as my body froze in fear. I don't wanna get hit. That shit is painful. Sus stared at me in my eyes.