5

Nelli's Perspective:

I tapped my phone screen like say that was gonna help. I wiped my tears with my bloody hands, I know I looked a mess but theres nothing I could do about it. I made my way out of Sus's block and I walked through the car park. The floor was wet and cold. My socks were completely drenched, the ground beneath me made little splashing noises with every step I made. I couldn't stop crying. I pulled up my sleeve and tried to wipe away my tears but it was no use. My sleeve was as wet as I was. I neared the end of the car park and there was still a few of Sus's boys there. From when I was at the complete opposite end of the car park I could hear their loud voices echoing off the walls but as I passed they were silent. Not one spoke. Not a word. I hung my head in shame. They knew this whole time and they've been watching me come around this man, secretly judging me, lying for him. Pieces of shit. My bleeding hand left a blood trail beside me.

"yo she's bleeding." a man said

             "Help her then take her home or saink"

"Nah g she's gonna make a mess in the car look at the state of her"

               "Nah thats peak man"

"So you take her home"

             "nah I dont want sus to get on to me"

I started noticing that I had a sharp pain in my left foot, I began limping and I hobbled myself almost out the car park. I tried to focus on anything apart from my foot.

"You man are wet. Yo Nelli!" A familiar voice called out to me from the distance I turned around and it was Quel. His offer looked tempting but after what I just heard about me being his baby mum I dont wanna speak to him, its sad cos I know it came from him. I put up my middle finger and kept walking. I walked to the bus stop to catch the night bus to Stratford so I could walk to Aunty Angela's.  I don't know what time it was but I know this was a very ungodly hour and I had no business banging on someone's door but it really gets like that.

I approached Aunty Angela's house and saw the lights were still on. I guess it's not that late. I knocked on the door. "Who is it?" I heard from behind the door. I was going to answer but I was so cold I was shivering ,the pain in my foot and hand were starting to become unbearable. I went to knock again but the door cracked open. When the person behind it moved from the door opening it wider my head spun so hard . I thought it was just a trick of the mind.

"What the fuck happened to you?" He pulled me inside by my good hand. He pulled me to the kitchen and sat me down. Aunty Angela rushed to me taking my jumper off of me. She unclipped my bra and slid it off. She threw it in the washing machine.

"Emmanuel get the first aid kit. Nelli what happened?" She tilted my head up and wiped my face. She gave me a towel and helped me walk to the bathroom so I could wash my self off. The water stung as it hit my skin. I had cuts and scratches almost all over me. I cried silently as the water ran down my body.

I hobbled out of the shower, dried my body and wrapped myself in the towel and walked back to the kitchen. Aunty Angela put my leg up on her lap and took the glass out of it and disinfected it. Emmanuel disinfected my hand, every once in a while our eyes met and we made awkward eye contact.

Aunty Angela- What happened Nelli

Me- I had a fight with Sus's side chick.

Angela- I never liked him anyways. The fucking cheek? How dare he? Cheat on you? He's sick.

Me- He headbutted me and threw a henny bottle at me.

Angela- Listen Nelli, I can't get angry like this before I go to sleep. I've got work in the morning we will talk tomorrow. Emmanuel make her something to eat and you're sleeping on the sofa Nelli's got your bed

Emmanuel- Ah? What?

Angela- Well do you wanna share the bed with her and Siah?

Emmanuel- I don't mind. Nelli? Do you mind?

Me- yeah yeah whatever.

She smiled and went upstairs. I was left alone with Emmanuel and there was silence in the kitchen. He took things out of the freezer and slammed them on the counter he emptied a bag of nuggets on an oven tray and heated it up he sat across from staring at me. I looked around but he didnt take his eyes off of me. This was so awkward, Siah saved my life because he started whimpering on the baby monitor I went upstairs and gave him a little cuddle. He just wanted some attention. I put him back in the bed I put on some clothes, went back downstairs and sat in the kitchen. Emmanuel locked his phone and put it on the table looking at me. Uh oh.

Emmanuel- Miss me?

Me- I thought you died

Emmanuel- Yeah I thought so too

Me- Where have you been?

I asked and my voice cracked at the end of my sentence. He just looked at me

Emmanuel- We can have that conversation later, right now lets talk about you. Who's suspect and why's he throwing glass at my baby mum?

I couldn't help but laugh, he smiled too.

Me- Oh so you finally believe Isaiah's yours?

Emmanuel- I was preeing him earlier and he looks like me I wont lie, my mum showed me the angle anyways.

He stopped, its like he wanted to say something but he stopped himself. I brushed it and he continued on saying something else. I told him the story about me and Suspect, he kept laughing at me.

Me- Stop laughing man its not funny man stop.

He laughed one last time.

Emmanuel- Well now that Im immortal, Im never leaving you again

I screwed him and he laughed.

Emmanuel- Where's your phone?

I slid it across the table to him. There was dry blood on it and it was just completely x'd off, the front and back glass were shattered. Emmanuel shook his head and slid his phone to me across the table. He had a whole 11 pro... this man was meant to be dead but he was out here buying iphones.

I put my sim card in the phone and my messages started going offffff. The first thing I did was call Vianni. He was sleeping and I woke him up. I said sorry and told him I'd call him back in the morning. Sus called me almost instantly its like he felt that I was active.

I just stared at the screen... I hesitated before answering. Emmanuel told me to put it on speaker.

"You made a mess in my yard come back here and clean this shit up! I swear Im gonna get you done for-"  He was shouting but Emmanuel cut him off, in his usual unbothered tone.

"Its 3am, stop shouting." Emmanuel spoke.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!? WHEN I CATCH YOU YOURE A DEADMAN" Sus shouted on the other end of the line.

"I already am."

There was silence completely silence but I felt like laughing. Suspect just kissed his teeth and cut the phone.

I just shook my head. I didn't know what to say or do.  I had no one else to call Vianni was literally my only friend left. I know Jas is at work right now she probably won't even answer. She's home for summer soon anyways.

I put my head down on the table and sighed. I missed Emmanuel so much, it feels so surreal being next to him. I wont lie, Im slightly angry. How can he disappear and reappear like this? I don't have the energy to get on to him right now. I feel so drained and defeated. I ate the nuggets and took myself to sleep. Emmanuel came up shortly after too.
I put Siah next to the wall and I slept beside him, Emmanuel slept behind me. It was a tight fit but it worked.