13

Emmanuel's perspective:

I sat parked up on the road answering a few messages before knocking on the door.

Jeremiah- yo you good?

Me- Yeahh you

Jeremiah- I'm good hold on Tys just bringing Sie right now

Right on que, she came round the corner with a sleeping baby in her arms.

Me- How long has he been asleep for?

Tyson- Like 20 minutes

Me- Perfect I hope he sleeps through the night

We made small talk but my phone kept ringing in my pocket. It wasn't Nelli so I didn't really need to answer. My phone rang 2 more times as I was putting Sie in the back seat.

I finally answered the phone after sitting down and loud music filled up the car. Whys he calling me from inside the motive? Could he not step outside.

"Squeeze can you hear me?" He shouted

"yeah yeah whats good?" I replied.

"Wait are you sure you can hear me?"

"Yeah bro"

"Nah wait can you hear me clearly?" He slightly slurred his words. He's drunk? Drunk people annoy me.

"Bro. What do you want?"

"Yo. Where you?" He shouted down the line.

"Just picked my son up from Nelli's friends crib why?" I answered back.

"Ay Im not gonna lie bro...ahhh..." He was fumbling. I hate that. I dont have that patience.

"Cut to the chase bro." I cut him off.

"Obviously Im at some bbq. Like I didnt even wanna step but my boys were telling me I should init, so I had to go-"

"Bro. I didn't ask for you for a diary entry . What do you want?" I asked in irritation.

"Your baby mums moving mad init. Shes bare drunk and that. Shaking her bum everywhere just moving scatty bro. You need to come collect her still." His voice echoed in the car. I felt my jaw clench. I had to stare at the screen in my car for a hot second before answering.

"Swing the addy"

"Say nothing bro" He cut the phone and a text came to my phone almost instantly. I braked hard and spun the car round. I looked back and Isaiah was still sound asleep. I got to the address. I didnt think this through. I cant leave Isaiah in the car alone. I looked around... Fuck it.

I picked up his carrier and went inside. I walked upstairs looking for an empty bedroom. I opened one door and there was like 3 girls sitting on the bed.

"Awwwww hes soooo cuteeee" A blatantly drunk girl walked up to me and I moved the carrier out of her reach.

"You can't just touch a next mans baby. Whats wrong with you" Another girl spoke. She looked like the most sensible one of the group. I didnt pay them much mind left the room and I found a different one. An empty one at that. I called my other phone and put it in the carrier that way I can hear if anything happens, like a makeshift baby monitor. I put my airpods in my ears. I closed the door behind me. I went outside in search for Nelli and Jas.

Its like they didnt even notice I was standing there. I stared at them in the distance. Nelli was talking to the boy that wanted to shoot me. They looked close, real close. Jas on the other hand was lipsing this big boy.

I know Nelli saw me because our eyes met and she tried to turn away but it was too late. I marched over there.

"Stand up we're going home." I said gesturing for her to stand up. She stood up slowly, smile fading. She tried to readjust her outfit.

"Dont even try fix your bottoms you'll look skimpy either way." I pulled her beside me.

"Jas get off this boy we're going home." I commanded. She pulled away looking irritated till she saw my face. I saw the fear in her eyes as she looked at Nelli then back at me.

I already know its gonna be a problem when we get home. Maybe even in the car. I gave them the keys and went upstairs to get the baby. Those 3 girls were still there...

Nelli's Perspective:

"Im not doing anything Emmanuel! Its not like Im out here moving mad. WHATS YOUR PROBLEM" I shouted. Sie started screaming.

"Look now you woke up the baby with your shouting!" He shouted back at me. Jas took Sie outside "Im just gonna calm him down" She said while unstrapping him then standing away from the car.

"You complain about everything I do! I just had a baby for fuck sake. I've never let him starve, never ever let him go cold. Im pulling my weight as a mother! Don't tell me what to do! I do what I want! AND CANT NOBODY TELL ME DIFFERENT!" I continued shouting. I was waving my hands in his face. He grabbed my hand with so much force.

"IM TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO. You're my baby mum! You're a representation of me! HOW CAN YOU SAY YOURE NOT DOING ANYTHING WHEN MANDEM ARE CALLING ME TELLING ME YOURE MOVING MAD WITH SOME NEXT BOY!" He shouted in my face.

"All we do is argue Emmanuel! For fuck sake! You're always complaining! And Im sick of it!" I shouted.

"Then maybe we shouldn't get back together"

His words cut through my heart. Such a simple statement was causing me so much pain. I was lost for words

"seriously?"

He looked at me. He didnt answer me. He stared for a good 2 minutes. He let go of my hands and got out the car. I slyly looked in the mirror and he was getting Sie from Jas' hands. Jas got in and I didnt even say a word to her. I was heartbroken all over again. Any sort of intoxication I was feeling before, was gone. Fuck being lit, the only lit thing here is my heart because its on fire. I swallowed my tears down my dry throat. Jas was speaking to me but all I could hear was the echo of Emmanuel's words.

We got home and I went into Vianni's room with Jas. I gave her the basic run down about what happened when she stepped outside the car. She was just as shocked as I was because I wasn't even doing too much at the party, it was Jas. I stripped and got into bed. I left Emmanuel in my room tonight because I don't even wanna see him right nw. Now Im stuck with the nigga because he really just payed rent and I know he wont leave even I gave him the money back. Toxic.