Chapter eighteen

Chapter 18 (part 1)

The bell rung for the next class and Ryder grabbed my hand. I turned to him and he grinned.

"Okay, missy, here's what's going to happen. You, me, date, after school. You'll ride with me to pick up the girls, then we will go somewhere fun. After that I'm dropping the girls off with mom and we are going somewhere a bit more interesting. Ashley and the boys will be there so we won't be alone," he said then winked. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I already knew I had no choice but to go. I walked into my next class extremely jittery.

It seemed like hours before the bell rung. I zoomed out of class to the last class of the day. I was barely listening to the teacher and doodling random swirls to create an abstract flower. I thought of my meadow drawing and snuck my phone to continue drawing it until the bell rang.

My breath stopped once the bell rung. I was really nervous. Ryder walked into my class with the biggest smile on his face. I grinned and he made a big show of taking my hand and kissing it while bowing low. I laughed and got up. He still held on to my hand, and I didn't stop him. We walked out to the parking lot and everyone was already gathered around his bike.

"Sooooooo, you guys better be safe," Ash said loudly as she not-so-discreetly put a condom in my back pocket. My face turning flaming red and the boys all laugh. I turned to Ash and punched her in the shoulder. I didn't punch hard, but I knew she would feel it. She giggled and hid behind Ben. Ryder pulled me back and kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry, we will," he said lowly. Ryder and the guys high-fived and he swung onto the motorcycle. I shook my head and got on behind him. He handed me the helmet. I put it on and held on to him. We sped off to his house, then we walked to pick up the girls. Jane held on to my hand all the way back to the house.

Ryder walked in and sent the girls to their room to get ready. I asked where we were going and he smiled and pulled out a basket. I looked at him curiously. He opened a drawer and pulled out keys. The girls came out in cute little overalls. Cassidy wore a purple shirt and Jane wore a blue one.

"Good, you girls are ready. Now come on bumblebees, we've got a park to raid," He said in a brotherly tone. I smiled unconsciously at the cuteness of it. He took my hand and we went to the garage where a red Subaru sat. We got in and went to the park I hadn't been to since dad died. Me, Tom, and dad used to come here and play tag and hide-n-seek.

I looked around as we parked and saw the bright red swing set, yellow jungle gym, and blue merry-go-round. Just as I remembered this place. The girls giggled and ran out towards the swings. Ryder took the basket and placed it on the picnic table. He pulled out cookies and juice.

"Courtesy of mother," he said." she said if I mess this up with you I'll be grounded."

"Oh really?" I laughed.

"She's completely serious," he replied. We watched the girls play and are in comfortable silence.

"Kate?" He said softly.

"Yes?"

"I'm glad you're finally out of that house. You're 'mom' may never see how truly amazing you are, but I'll always notice," he said. I was shocked and a light shade of pink graced my cheeks. He leaned over and kissed me. His lips were warm and felt amazing. I kissed him back and felt his tongue brush against my lips. I-

"Ry!!!!!! No!!!!" I heard Cassidy shriek and giggle. "You can't do that. Only for mommy and daddy!"

Ryder pulled back and a flash of annoyance crossed his face. It immediately got replaced by a playful look as he scooped her up and started tickling her. She giggled and pushed at his arms. He stopped and went to spin the merry-go-round for her. I laughed and watched until I felt and small tug at my shirt. I looked beside me to see Jane looking back at me with curious eyes.

"RyRy likes you a lot huh?" She said. I blushed and shrugged.

"I guess so," I said.

"Do you like him too?"

"Yes, a lot."

"Good, RyRy gets angry when he's upset. So does daddy. They fight a lot, but RyRy has been happier since he met you. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about you. Cass says we should be really happy that Ry is happy. I guess I'll be happy then," she said in a sweet, soft voice. I put my arm around her shoulder and gave her a small hug.

"Thank you, I would hope for you to be happy. If something ever upsets you, I'm always here for you," I said. I felt very protective of her oddly enough. She looked so fragile but strong. Like glass, easily broken, but looks solid. Ryder brought Cassidy back over so the girls could have their snack. After they ate, we left to take them back home.

"Go into my room, I've laid out something that I want you to wear to our next destination," Ryder said when we got home. That sounds familiar, I thought. I reluctantly went to his room to change. Laid out was an emerald green tank top with black lace on the top, jeans, and a gold band. I put then on and raided his closet until I found a black jacket big enough to fit me. I walked out to see Ryder dressed in a green t-shirt, jeans, and had the same gold band.

"Well aren't we all matchy-matchy," I laughed.

"There's a reason that I can't tell you yet. On the other hand, you look good in my clothes," he said pointing to the jacket," you should wear them more often."

I pulled the jacket a bit tighter around me and rolled my eyes. We hopped onto his bike and sped off. We stopped at a concrete building. I heard yelling and cheers coming from the walls. I got off the bike and Ryder turned to me.

"Welcome to The Ring Kate," he said.

~~~~~|||~~~~~|||~~~~~|||~~~~~
Hey everyone!!! It's been too long since an update. I apologize to the highest degree. A lot of personal stuff has been happening an dive been stressed so writing has been a bit well nonexistent. I'm soo sorry I hope you like this chapter. Picture of Ryder's dad attached.

Comment, Vote, Follow!

Thank you my beautiful kitkats!!!