Chapter eleven

Chapter 11

Ryder hopped on his bike and waited for me to get on. I did my best to balance myself while not holding onto him. After a few minutes we pulled into the opening of the trail. I jumped off and basically ran towards the path. He laughed and followed me. About half way through walking he spoke up.

"Kate, what's on your mind?"
"That meadow. I need to finish drawing it." I said and he sighed and kept walking until we finally reached the place. I ran to place I had originally started drawing, I wouldn't draw anything just yet. I quickly got down on my knee and positioned my phone so I could take the perfect picture of it. I snapped the photo and adjusted different filters until I found the perfect color and positioning.

I put my phone in my pocket and looked up to see Ryder standing in front of me, awe clearly on his face.

"You do photography or something?" He asked pointing to where my phone was in my hand.
"It's just something I do for my art, not that amazing," I said quickly and he shook his head and sat next to me. He grabbed my phone quickly and typed my password in as if he'd done it a million times. I watched him as my anger bubbled quietly within me. He tapped on my photos app and looked through them. I had pictures of my friends from my old school, my brother, my house, different pictures of trees and fields i liked. He smiled at a few pictures of me and my brother being stupid. I snatched my phone away and glared at him.

"Don't touch my stuff, jerk," I hissed. He laughed and held his hands up in defense.

"Whoa, whoa, little lion. No reason to get angry. Anyways those are beautiful pictures," he said. I rolled my eyes and chucked a bit. We sat there in silence until I decided to speak up.

"So, you wanted to talk to me about something right?" I said awkwardly. He nodded and got up and started pacing.

"I wanted to ask you out. I know I'm a jerk, I always have been and I wont change, but I'm asking for a chance. That's all, well mostly, the rest I can tell you when you say yes," He said then flashed an award winning smile at me. I scoffed at him. He thinks I'm just going to fall all over him now. Well, Mister I'm-so-bad-ass, that's not how life works. I stood up and slapped him then walked too the path. I felt him grab my arm and pull me back. Rage, pure rage, was all I saw on his face. He pulled me to a darker part of the meadow and slammed my back into a tree. I huffed and attempted to push him away. He grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head with one hand. He used his other hand to tilt my head up and look me dead in the eyes.

"Don't think you can get away with that just because i like you," he said then leaned in and kissed me. I tried to move my face away, but his firm grip on my chin held my face in place. I resisted for a bit longer before closing my eyes and kissing back. I don't know what i was doing. I basically gave in just now. He bite softly on my lower lip and I snapped out of it and pushed him away. I ran towards the path just wanting to get away from him.

"Kate, I'm sorry don't go," he called.

"Leave me alone, Ill walk home," I ran down the path and into the streets to guess my way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone sorry for the long wait. I have another book full of short stories I just created, check it out tell me what you think. please and thank you. Btw the pic I have tagged is what I imagine Ryder to look like but with slightly shorter hair .

Comment, Follow, Vote.