Sonya

"Oh that's right!" Harriet said. "Come with me!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me up and out of the shack. We walked past more and more houses and people that glanced at me. Some with kind smiles which I returned, others with barely even a glance.

"Through here," she said and we walked through a small patch of trees into a clearing.

There she stood. She was wearing a tank top and tan jeans and seemed to be stripping the bark off of a log. A short ponytail in her hair. She glanced up at us and dropped her tools. She walked up to us and held her hand out to me. I could see the sweat on her face and her not quite brown eyes. She put on a sweet smile as I shook her hand

"This must be the newbie" she said to Harriet.

"Sure is!" Said Harriet "she's bunking with us!" She said and patted my shoulder. I was still weirdly happy that she was actually excited to be with me.

"I'm Sonya," she said to me.

"I heard!" I said to her trying to make a good impression

"Talking about me I see," she smirked at Harriet who chuckled and said

"Only because I had to," sarcastically. Sonya looked at me.

"All good things...," I assured her. "mostly," I continued.

She laughed. Her laugh sounded like a birds call that I couldn't quite remember the name of. It was on the tip of my tongue but for some reason it wouldn't come to mind. Harriet nudged my shoulder winking.

"Told you she would like ya," she said and I smiled back at her.

Sorry it's kinda short but that was two updates in one day so... I guess ur welcome for doing a little more 😂 jk.

Thanks for reading!!

I will update as soon as I can!

But omg I have so many ideas for this story!! Very very excited!