A temporary cure.

Small tw: blood

"So these were the people we were just talking about?" Thomas asked.

Aris nodded.

"Aris?" Sonya asks

"Hey guys!" He said. Apparently they hadn't noticed him yet. They both gave him a quick hug.

"We're looking for the right arm. Do you know where they are?" Thomas asked.

"Follow me." Harriet smirked.

————————————————————

It turned out Harriet and Sonya had found the right arm and had been welcomed into their team since they were immune.

As we were walking I noticed Brenda struggling.

"You good?" I asked putting her arm around my shoulder.

"Y/n, I'm s-so sorry." She said

"What for?" I asked.

"I-I got bit y-y/n" she said and almost fell over.

"Hey hey hey!" I said pulling her up again. "Stay with me alright? We'll get the cure soon and won't have to worry about it." I said reassuringly.

She nodded her head and gulped

"I thought the right arm was an army." I think Minho said as we came up to a small camp hidden in the canyon. A few canvas tents were set up and people wandered around.

"We were." Said a man about the age of Jorge. Maybe older.

"This is Vince." Said Harriet.

I felt Brenda slip again. Her knees gave out and she fell on the ground.

"Crank! We got a crank!" Vince yelled and pulled out his gun.

"No no! Stop!" I said and jumped in front of her. Jorge was being held back from Brenda who was twitching on the ground.

"There has to be something you can do!" Thomas said who was beside me shielding Brenda from the gun.

"There is." He sighed. "Put her out of her misery."

"NO!" I yelled.

"Vince put down the gun!" A woman said.

"There's nothing we can do for her Mary." He said back.

"Yes but they can." She said pointing at both me and Thomas

"Huh?" I asked.

"Hello Thomas." She said.

"How do you know my name?" He asked.

"Makes sense that they'd put you in the maze." She said.

She explained how he had sent the locations for wicked to her because he was sick of wicked.

Teresa looked back and forth between Thomas and the Mary.

"And you y/n" she looked over at me. "You were always rather destructive..." she sighed shaking her head "and whenever they tried to contain you or your friends you would make it very difficult." She chuckled. "You smashed every single record of where and what the right arm was doing and other imported reports and files." She said almost laughing. "You caused quite the scene and the rumors of you had spread far and wide. Many call you a hero. Wicked not included of course. You caused many problems for them."

My thoughts flashed to the day I escaped wicked. When I was smashing things. It did feel so natural at the time. Maybe that's because I had done it before. I smiled and half laughed at myself. I didn't know I was that destructive.

I felt Harriet pat my shoulder and looked at her. She had a proud look on her face.

"Now for helping your friend here." Mary said. "All of you imunes should have some sort of temporary cure in your blood. And if one of you is willing to give her some you can keep her from dying for a while." She said.

"I will." I said. I liked Brenda of course but I mostly wanted to help her because of Jorge. I know he would be absolutely destroyed if he lost her.

"Great." She said and led me to a tent while a few people helped Brenda off the ground and followed after us.

————————————————————

We had given Brenda the temporary cure and she had just woken up.

"You doing alright?" I asked.

"Better now." She nodded.

I smiled at her.

"Jorge is waiting so I'll leave you two alone."

"Thank you y/n" she said "really." She looked at me with sincerity

"Anytime." I said smiling at her.

I walked out of the tent and saw Jorge sitting there with his head in his hands. Once he heard me he stood up

"She's awa-" I started but was interrupted by him hugging me. I was shocked at first but hugged him back.

"Thank you." He said.

"She's waiting," I said smiling. He nodded and walked passed me into the tent.

I looked around me. People were walking by but I was looking for one person in particular.

There she is.

She was sitting with Harriet and aris.

I jogged over.

Seeing them again brought the biggest smile I'd ever felt to my face.

"Sit down." Harriet said and patted the seat in between her and Sonya. I plopped down and Sonya wrapped her arms around my arm and put her head on my shoulder.

Butterflies.

I missed those.

"Let's re-bandage that." Harriet said and pointed at my stub.

"Oh yeah." I said and examined it. You would think it would be hard to forget that you were missing a hand.

She grabbed a fresh piece of white cloth and took the old one off.

Tw
⬇️

The blood had dried and turned almost black but I could see the skin healing in various areas. Scabs formed on certain Areas and sticky strings of old brown blood and residue was left on the bandage and my wrist.

"Yuck." I said.

"That's nasty." I heard aris say.

"What happened anyways." Harriet said.

"Cranks." I said.

Sonya huffed.

"Now I only have one hand to hold."

I bursted out laughing. suddenly I stopped and winced as Harriet cleaned it.

"Maybe Carlos could help with a prosthetic." Harriet said. Sonya nodded on my shoulder.

"I don't think I want a prosthetic getting in the way you know?" I said worried about how it would feel. "It's not like I needed an extra piece of plastic on my arm if I can't do anything with it anyways."

Harriet tied the new bandage on and I set my hand down

"Well I think you're gonna want this kind of prosthetic." Sonya said "Carlos isn't just any mechanic."

Mechanic?

Why would to say need a mechanic to make me a false hand?

Ok when I wrote 'butterflies' I was like omg they're back!!!!
Anyways. Yay! Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for everything!