Jobs

I awoke to Harriets face hovering above mine.

"Shit Harriet!" I said sitting up. "What do you want?"

"It's time to get up," she said and sat down on the foot of my bed.

I just wanted to lay back down and sleep.

Definitely not a morning person.

I can tell.

It's weird to rediscover these things about yourself. It's like you know who you are but you don't know anything about you.

I swung my legs off the bed and slipped them in my shoes. I started lacing them up and tying them.

I looked up for a moment at Sonya. Her hair was scattered all over her pillow and some fly aways were on her cheeks and forehead. Her dark eyelashes looked even thicker when they were closed and her lips-

"Kiss her why don't you?" Harriet said smirking at me. I blushed and realized I had stopped everything while looking at her.

Probably not a multi tasker either.

"Shut up," I said rolling my eyes

"I know you were thinking about it." I looked at Harriet again. She wiggled her eyebrows at me a little bit and smirked.

"Oh my god Harriet," I said and finished tying my shoes.

"You know you want to."

"Stop"

"Absolutely not."

I huffed and stood up.

"You are unbelievable" I say.

"Unforgettable." She corrected.

I snorted.

"Cmon I'll get you started." She said and we walked out. The sun hadn't quite peaked above the walls yet but you could tell it would soon. You could see it climbing down the wall opposite of it. We ate breakfast pretty fast and by then I was fully awake.

"You can help me out first,"

"What's your job?"

"I build things,"

"What kind of things"

"Whatever the hell I want," she said

"Alright what are we making today?"

"I dunno." She said. Oh my god Harriet. Why are you like this?

We came up to a small patch of wood.

"Cut down that tree." She pointed

"What do you want me to cut it down with my hands?" I asked showing her my empty hands.

"No." She said "with your butt cheeks." She said sarcastically

"Oh right sorry" I laughed. Harriet handed me an axe and sat down on a tree stump.

"Ok, go!" She said watching me.

"Just do it?"

"Yeah what else?"

"I don't know I thought there would be like a lesson or something."

"What would I teach you? Don't you know how to swing an axe?"

"Of course I do I'm just confused why your here."

"Ouch,"

"Not like that-"

"Just chop the tree down y/n" she chuckled.

I swung the axe and the tree creaked. It wasn't too wide. Maybe about a foot. Once I finished (half an hour later) I had a few drops of sweat going down my face. Gross.

"Great! Now cut down four more and I'll pass you over to Sonya." She said and I sighed and got to work.

~

"Finished," I told Harriet.

"Great,"

Sonya walked over and I went into another three hours of work. This time stripping the bark off.

You had to get in these really weird positions to get the right peace. It was very difficult but I liked to watch Sonya. She tied her hair up and offered me a hair tie. I took it and did the same. The sweat on my neck glistened and the breeze made it nice and cool.

Finally I finished working and my muscles ached and my eyes were droopy. I went right to the hut after dinner and flopped on the cot. Most of the others did the same some stayed up and used up their free time but I was too tired to do anything else.

The next week wouldn't get much easier.

I spent the entire time just working or sleeping. It was exhausting. Apparently i would be a builder with Harriet and Sonya.

At least I had sonya to distract me from work. Harriet probably wouldn't be much help. She'd just laugh as I watched Sonya and almost slice my hand off.

Still not much of a multi tasker.

Finally Saturday came. Saturday was like a weekend off from work.

It had been exactly seven days since I got here and it already felt like home.

Sonya me and Harriet were already so close and I felt like I could trust them with my life.

My love for the glen grew day by day and I wasn't very mad about being here anymore. Other than the work.

I was going to sleep all day.

No matter what.

No one could stop me from sleeping.

Not now

This is my day off and I'm sleeping and nothing else.

I'm not gonna do anything except-

"We're going swimming." Sonya shook me awake.

I stand corrected.