Drawings and daisy chains.

Love the title!

Today we were getting a new rookie. I can't believe it was already a month since I got here. It felt like it had only been one day but 5 years at the same time. It was another Saturday luckily so we had nothing to do

I sat up out of bed and slipped my shoes on. Sonya was sitting in her bed reading something. Not sure where Harriet was.

"Watch a doing?" I asked.

"Drawing." Sonya said and patted the spot next to her. I flopped down next to her I didn't want to get to close but at the same time I loved the major butterflies she gave me.

"That's the one I did of Harriet," she said flipping over to a page in her book.

"Holy crap that's incredible Sonya!" I said. I was shocked at how good she drew her.

"Thanks!" She said blushing a little bit. I smiled to myself and asked her to draw me.

"Ok!" She said and told me to sit in front of her.

"Actually let's take this outside so I can get you in a more natural pose" she said. She clearly took her drawings very seriously.

She grabbed my hand and led me out into part of the woods. There were small daisies growing out of the ground and she sat me down.

"Now do something." She said.

"Like what?!" I asked.

"I don't know! Look at the flowers or something!" She said and sat a little bit to my right at an angle. I looked at the flowers and took off my shoes and socks and let the grass go between my toes.

"Very good!" She said and began drawing. "Don't move too much though." She said and looked up at me and back down at her book.

"Ok." I said

About 15 minutes went by till I was bored. I was reminded that Sonya was looking at me and blushed a little bit.

"Why are you blushing?" She asked

Why does everyone always catch me! It can't be that obvious!

"Cuz you're watching me and it's kinda awkward." I told her straight up

She chuckled.

"Don't laugh at me! I see you blushing too when I look at you!" I attempted to change the subject to a topic other then me.

"Maybe." She said while she continued to draw me.

"Maybe..? Maybe what?" I asked her.

"Maybe you make me feel weird." She said.

Was that a bad thing? Did she not like me too? Shit! I thought she liked me.

It kinda hurt. But maybe weird was a good thing. Oh god I hope weird is a good thing!

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked worried for her answer.

There was a moment of silence. A few bird chirps.

"I know you like me." She said.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

I guess it was obvious.

"Of course I like you. your one of my best friends" I said. Maybe she didn't mean it like I thought she did.

"No, like more then friends like." She said.

I didn't look at her. I hadn't looked at her since this conversation began and I was grateful for the excuse that she was still drawing me. I swallowed.