Our new life

The safe haven was everything we had hoped. Safe mostly but also happy. We were happy.

Me and Sonya spent maximum time together and had gone on multiple little dates and things like that! I loved every moment I had with her and we had become more and more dependent on each other.

I walked over to Sonya who was sitting on her cot.

"You wanna go swimming?" I asked. She looked up and grinned at me.

"Hell yeah I do!" She said and hopped up and grabbed my hand dragging me outside towards the beach. We giggled and ran into the shore.

I slipped my shoes off and Sonya did the same with her sandals. She ran again, eager to get in the water and took off her shirt and pants leaving them laid out on the beach. I blushed and thought of when we went swimming in the glen. I smiled at that memory and came running after Sonya doing the same as her.

"Hurry up slowpoke!" She yelled as she waded into the water.

"Oh! Your gonna get it!" I yelled and ran through the cool water.

She laughed maniacally and stuck her tongue out at me. Soon I was waist deep and jumped on her back pushing her under the water. She came up coughing.

"Oh shit! are you ok?" I asked. She stopped and laughed at me.

"Hahahaha you fell for that!?"

I crossed my arms and glared at her.

She fake pouted. I held back a laugh and turned around.

"Oh come on! I know you want to laugh." She said and wrapped her arms around me peaking her head near my face her blonde hair hanging down. I giggled at her wide eyes.

"There's that cute laugh!" She said and started tickling me.

"No! That's against the rules!" I yelled laughing and tried to push her away but she was relentless and kept doing it until I almost couldn't breathe.

"I won't be able to kiss you if I can't breathe!" I yelled in an attempt to stop her. The tickling stopped suddenly and I smirked.

Sonya turned me around and grinned at me. I smiled smugly before she pulled me in for a wet kiss. We stood there for about two minutes moving in sync. I put my hand on her back feeling her long wet hair and pushed into her and I could feel a sweet smile on her lips. As her hands went into my wet locks. I drew a line down her back and wrapped my arms around her waist before pulling away and putting my forehead on hers and looking into her eyes. 

"You know I love you right?" I asked.

"I know." She smiled. "I love you too."

Her words made me feel queasy in a good sort of way and I knew at that moment that I needed Sonya in my life forever.

She pulled my hand towards the beach and laughed.

A few hours of playing on the beach and making sandcastles we went back to camp and washed off.

Harriet smirked as we came to dinner hand in hand.

"How was the beach?" She asked. "Did you have sex yet?"

🍸🥂("sex on the beaches. Or is it sexes on the beach?") Heh 😏

"None of your business!" I said and sat down. Sonya laughed and sat next to me.

After we ate Sonya and I went to a campfire that a few of our friends were gathered at. They carried on in their conversation as me and Sonya snuggled into each other.

I picked a small daisy off the ground smiling as I showed it to Sonya spinning it in between my fingers. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

I took her hand and tried my best to tie it around her ring finger.

"Let's get married." I said shocked at my own words. I could have surprised her and gotten her an actual ring. Instead I did this? What is wrong with me?

"Yes please." She said shaking away my earlier thoughts. She put her head on my shoulder and looked down at her hand where the daisy was.

"I'm not kidding Sonya." I said letting her know I was serious and really wanted to marry her.

"Neither am I." She said and looked at me. I smiled and snuggled into her side. She giggled and we sat like that until it was dark again.

Ally sat down and ate an apple in her hand slowly. She looked over at us.

"Can you sing?" She asked.

I smiled and looked up at Sonya. She was on it and began singing sweetly

(Dirty paws by of monsters and men)

As usual I recognized the song and sang along. The melody floated through the air and ally closed her eyes and smiled.

Once again a guitar played along with us as we harmonized. As we sang I played with sonyas fingers and looked at her flower ring. I knew I was making the right desision in fact this was the most sure I've ever been in my life. this was meant to be. My whole life I didn't know I was missing a part of me until I met Sonya and only felt whole and truly happy when she was with me. And I wanted her near me always. She made me feel wanted. And beautiful. And perfect. She made me realize I was all of those things. And I only hoped that I deserved her.

The moon and stars shone down on us as we sang and life could not have been so perfect. I was with the love of my life and we were safe and sound.

What else would I ever want or need?

Nothing. That's the answer. I was perfectly content where I was and wouldn't do a single thing to change it.