Out.

tw: guts..? Cutting something...? Not really sure how to explain.

I was running again. I don't know how much longer I can run anymore. It hurts so bad. Everything just hurts.

I thought about giving up and letting the monsters get me.

Sounds nice.

But no. I have to survive. I have to get back to them. To Harriet and Sonya.

I looked back at the map still making sure I knew where I was.

I took a right. And the straight and then left.

Wherever I couldn't hear any of those things coming for me.

I wonder how the rookie is doing.

I wonder how Mary is doing.

I wonder how Sonya and Harriet are doing.

Jesus cant I just be anywhere but here.

I heard another noise. I think it was just a wall moving. I'm not sure. I started to get really tired. Almost dizzy. But then I found something.

Are those dead ones?

Two of the monsters lay smashed on the floor. I think maybe a wall had hit them or something.

My curiosity got the best of me and I snuck up to one. I kicked at a few of the metal limbs. Don't think it's still alive.
Just then it jerked and I flew back on my butt. I think it was just a reflex muscle or something.

Like a grasshopper. They kinda just kick even if their dead.

It was weird remembering grasshoppers. I don't remember ever seeing them but I knew exactly what they looked like.

But anyways.

I heard a soft steady beeping coming from one of them

My first thought was a bomb. Do these things self destruct? I don't think....

I looked closer and saw a flashing red light coming from inside.

Should I?

I pulled out the knife Harriet gave me my first day. I looked at it for a bit. My eyes watered thinking about her. Thinking about when I cut myself when she was teaching me to carve. And Sonya patched me up.

Stop it! Focus.

Tw
⬇️
I took the knife and cut deep into the monster.

A few things spilled out. A green liquid that looked rather like oil and a few organ looking things, maybe some guts. Not really sure. I found the light flashing inside a specific organ looking thing and pulled it out covering my hands in the oil stuff.

W. C. K. D.

7

What's that mean? I think I had seen a seven somewhere. I looked at the map.

Seven.

What's seven supposed to mean. I guess Mary had written seven on it. Not sure why but it was there. I looked up and saw a large '7' on one of the walls next to the letters wckd.

What the hell.

I put two and two together. The creatures were made by the same people who put us here. I also remembered seeing W. C. K. D. On the supplies we got.

I turned around to see if I could find anything on the walls.

Nothing. But the thing in my hands started beeping faster.