Creative Time

Danny's P.O.V

I sat in the chair in my office tapping the end of my pen against my desk over and over again, it's been so boring without Mia here at HQ. She's been busy finding her wedding dress along with other dresses, my office door opened and Steve poked his head in the doorway,

Steve:"You going to sit there and tap that pen all day or you coming out here to help?"

I lazily rolled my eyes dropping the pen onto the desk and stood up. I could see Steve standing outside the glass door motioning me to hurry up, instead of speeding up I flipped Steve off. All he did was laugh, hard. I walked out of my office sliding my hands into my pockets,

Me:"So what do we got?"
Steve:"Well Mia always handles the hard cases, since she's not here I figured we could at least handle one of them."
Me:"Okay?"

I raised my eyebrow moving closer to the touchscreen counter,

Steve:"Just 'okay'? That's all you got? You feeling okay?"
Me:"Yea, just not the same without the whole team being here."
Steve:"I know, look at it this way, we handle this case it will be one less that Mia couldn't get hurt on or even anyone."

My eyes narrowed and I looked between Steve and the screen.

Me:"Am I even seeing this correctly?"
Steve:"Mia has no idea about this, at least I believe she doesn't since she hasn't rushed in through that door."
Me:"How did he get out?"
Chin:"Not sure, still trying to find out, all we know is that he had a visitor a few days ago, never got a name, wasn't really seen by any of the cameras except for the new camera in the visitation room, none of the prisoners know about it since its not a regular camera."
Me:"We need a copy of that footage."
Chin:"On it."

After Chin left I looked over at Steve,

Me:"She can't find out right now. Mia has been acting a little different since that day.."
Steve:"What do you mean? She seems a lot happier lately."
Me:"Thats when she's around everyone but when she's at home, she's a total different person."
Steve:"How?"

I sighed and leaned up against the counter looking at the ground,

Me:"Not sure, she hardly wants to be around me Steve, did I do something?"
Steve:"I don't think so, have you tried talking to her about it?"
Me:"I didn't want to cause a fight.."
Steve:"What makes you say that?"
Me:"She seems more on edge, smoking more then usual as well."

Steve rubbed his chin then crossed his arms,

Steve:"She's probably scared to be close to anyone right now, she more then likely is thinking she is the reason why bad things happen to the ones around her."
Me:"Why would you think that?"

Steve softly chuckled then laid his hands on the edge of the counter,

Steve:"I know my sister, more then she thinks I do. Mia is more then likely still beating herself up over Tate getting taken, she's probably restless from thinking of different scenarios in her head of ways she could have prevented that or ways to prevent bad things from happening to any of us."

I stood there for a moment then nodded,

Me:"Possibly, if thats the case, she could have talked to me about it."
Steve:"She's probably have thrown a few hints out there, you just haven't noticed."

I raised my eyebrow about to get angry at Steve but stopped and slapped my forehead.

Steve:"What?"
Me:"I'm such an idiot, she has, I can't believe I didn't see any of them.."

Steve chuckled, I quickly glared at him. He threw his hands up,

Steve:"Hey relax man, it was an honest mistake, everyone makes them. Just talk to her later, hopefully with Lina and Luke still around and her being with Lina, Kono and Grace today her mind is off of whatever she's thinking about."
Me:"I hope so."