Celebration

Mia's P.O.V

I woke up seeing Danny was still asleep so I quietly got out of bed and went downstairs seeing both dad and Steve sitting on the couch watching tv.

Steve:"Morning sis."
Me:"Hey morning guys."
Steve:"I let you and Danny sleep, I took Grace to school this morning."
Me:"Oh shit thanks Steve, we'll pick her up."
Steve:"Okay but if you get called into work I'll pick her up."
Me:"Alright, thanks."

I walked into the kitchen opening the fridge grabbing a can of red bull then walked out the back door sitting down opening the can took a big drink then lit up a cigarette. The back door opened and I looked to see Kono and Chin along with Adam.

Kono:"Sorry I brought Adam."
Me:"No that's okay, he's more then welcome to come over I mean come on he helped us rescue Catharine and her team so he can come over."
Adam:"Thanks I appreciate that."
Me:"No problem so what's up guys?"
Kono:"Nothing figured we would stop by."
Me:"Oh okay, have a seat."

All three of them sat down as I flicked my ashes.

Me:"Danny proposed to me last night."
Kono:"He did it? Let's see the ring boss!"

I laughed and held up my hand,

Kono:"That is a beautiful ring Mia."
Me:"Yea I thought so too."
Chin:"So how did he do it?"
Me:"He took me to that new Italian restaurant that just opened up, dinner was going good and he was about to ask but Rachel showed up."
Kono:"What!"
Me:"Yea, she told him the baby is his and that they should get back together, Danny got mad about it and proposed to me in front of Rachel."-I laughed-
Kono:"No he didn't!"
Me:"He sure did, she got so pissed off so I put her in her place and made her leave."
Adam:"Oh damn, that had to piss her off."
Me:"It sure did she didn't know what to say, but after that I didn't know how the rest of the night would go so we got our food to go and came home."
Chin:"Wow, I can't believe she showed up there that was rude."
Me:"It was but oh well."
Kono:"So how did Grace take the news?"
Me:"She is so excited about it, she can't wait til we actually do get married."
Chin:"You going to adopt her?"
Me:"Hell yea, I even told Rachel last night before making her leave that if she tried keeping that baby away from Danny that she will be back in court to lose that kid as well."
Adam:"Damn, Kono you were right Mia is a boss."
Kono:"Told ya. Mia doesn't play around."
Me:"Nope sure don't. Hey since y'all are here, I was going to call y'all later to let you know but we are having a small celebration tonight we want you three here with us."
Adam:"We'll be there."
Me:"Good, we'll have plenty of food so nobody will be hungry and if you want to the pool is clean if you want to go for a swim."
Chin:"Hell yea it's hot out today."
Me:"Yea it is, I'm probably going to head up to Kamekono's truck in a short if y'all wanna go lunch is on me."
Chin:"Sure."

The back door opened again then closed I looked up to see a sleepy Danny who was rubbing his eyes.

Danny:"Oh hey guys."
Chin:"Congrats man."
Adam:"Yea seriously congrats."
Danny:"Thanks guys. Hey you tell them about the celebration tonight?"
Me:"Yes I did, they'll be here."
Danny:"Good, I'm starving."
Me:"Well let me change and we can head to Kamekono's truck."
Danny:"Sweet alright."

I smiled and stood up giving Danny a kiss then went inside going up to my room to change. Once I was ready I went back downstairs to see everybody waiting,

Me:"Dad come with us."
John:"Are you sure?"
Me:"Yea, come on it'll be fun."

Dad nodded and stood up following us out the door, after everyone was out I locked the door and got in Danny's car while Steve and dad got in my truck.

-20 minutes later-

We arrived at the beach and got out walking over to Kamekono's truck,

Kamekono:"I see a bunch of hungry people."
Me:"Yea, put everyone's order on my tab I'll pay for it."
Kamekono:"You got it sista."
Me:"I'll have three of your shrimp tacos."
Kamekono:"Coming right up, wanna try a shrimp salad?"
Me:"Shrimp salad? Kamekono what crazy ideas are you coming up with now?"
Kamekono:"Tons, gotta expand the menu, look the salad is on the house since you brought people."
Me:"Oh alright Kamekono I'll try that shrimp salad."